In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Benefit For Veterans Coming

BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,390 ******
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
If you are a veteran of us armed forces service you should check out this new benefit that will become effective on November 11, 2017.? It allows tax free online shopping at all of the military exchanges.? It doesn't allow physical access to the facilities.

It's explained here https://www.vetverify.org

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hope their verification process is bulletproof to avoid the freeloaders .....be a convenient process for older or injured
  • Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keeps telling me they have no record of my service...[:)]
  • Options
    reload999reload999 Member Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I registered some time back, and to my surprise it worked. I received an email on 8/30/17, telling me I had been picked to "beta test" the system and was granted early access to the various exchange sites by agreeing to complete occasional questionnaires and giving feedback on the experience.

Thus far I've found nothing of interest that I can't get cheaper elsewhere online, but I still look on occasion.
  • Options
    bearman49709bearman49709 Member Posts: 503
    edited November -1
    I registered back in June or July no problem.I was also one of the ones chosen to shop early.
    Bought the wife a pair of shoes, they got here in 3-4 days fit her perfectly.
    I received at least one email every day with things on sale, got tired of it and unsubscribed from them.
    If they would send one or two a week it wouldn't be so bad.