In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I love this feature on GB

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
Instant check out for winning bidders. [^][^][^][^][^]

Payment is sent BANG, no mail to get lost, no Postal MO's to get from Post Office. Win the auction, send the money makes life so much easier.

Easy peasy, lemon squeezee!

Comments

• Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got to try that on my next auction, that I win. Oakie
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep....our shipping days on Monday are always a bear because most people use the checkout system now. I love it.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I mean TUESDAY...not Monday. We ship on Tuesdays and Fridays.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Right now only sellers that have merchant accounts that we can interface with are able to use it. We have several projects in the works that would allow your average Joe to be able to take payments online. It is very tough since bankers are scared of Guns.....
  • Options
    booter_onebooter_one Member Posts: 2,345
    edited November -1
    I used the process on my last purchase and it was flawless. It kinda spoils ya when you have to make a run for a mo. Keep up the great improvements.[:)][:)]
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought you were talking about the "lock stick"....LOL![:o)]
  • Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used it on my last 3 from Kasey, and my treasure trove from the good Captain.

Big fan, also.

Thanks Cap'n!
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    Right now only sellers that have merchant accounts that we can interface with are able to use it. We have several projects in the works that would allow your average Joe to be able to take payments online. It is very tough since bankers are scared of Guns.....

Maybe you can try gunpal.......[}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by toad67

True story. Those guys came up to us at a trade show once and asked when GunBroker was going to buy them out. We asked them if they had change for a $20 and somebody pulled out a $20. They were clearly offended, but we already knew even back then how difficult it is to build that type of P2P network. I am totally amazed that the principles did not get the Bernie Madoff treatment.
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

True story. Those guys came up to us at a trade show once and asked when GunBroker was going to buy them out. We asked them if they had change for a $20 and somebody pulled out a $20. They were clearly offended, but we already knew even back then how difficult it is to build that type of P2P network. I am totally amazed that the principles did not get the Bernie Madoff treatment.

I considered my loss of $650 a lesson. Whatever, if anything happened to them? The local Sheriff dept. contacted me and I filled out a report, but never have heard anything in 5 years or more.
  • Options
    jev1969jev1969 Member Posts: 2,691
    edited November -1
    Just used it on my last purchase. Best part is that you don't get hit with the extra 3% for using a credit card. Not a big deal on a small purchase but over a grand or two that 3% adds up quick.
  • Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jev1969
    Just used it on my last purchase. Best part is that you don't get hit with the extra 3% for using a credit card. Not a big deal on a small purchase but over a grand or two that 3% adds up quick.

Depends on the seller. On Kasey's stuff, the 3% is added at checkout, the GunBroker store wasn't, if I remember correctly
  • Options
    edited November -1

I considered my loss of $650 a lesson. Whatever, if anything happened to them? The local Sheriff dept. contacted me and I filled out a report, but never have heard anything in 5 years or more.
    The Marin county DA declined to prosecute. (I'm pretty sure that he and the owner were buddies or at least knew each other. If we had been involved in any manner I would have pressed the FBI to take the case as it clearly involved interstate fraud.
  • Options
    rambo rebelrambo rebel Member Posts: 4,028
    edited November -1

tell them we promise not to ship the guns to the bank. [:D]

ship to;

xxxxx banks atten; teller, please give package to next guy wearing mask [:o)]

they got 100 off me.

be nice if all those on GB who got snookered by them came together and sued the gun pal owners for whatever they had. I'd pitch in the 100 I lost just to see them spend money to defend themselves.

make it a sticky for a couple months and see how many of us there are and how much we had STOLEN.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jev1969

When I used it there was the fee. Don't remember the seller.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele