In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Institutionalized Care

walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
edited April 2016 in General Discussion
This story begins 40 years ago when one of my best friends decided to move from his 3 bedroom rancher to a 20 acre building sight on top of a mountain.
He built this thee story home with steps galore.

I have told him over and over again, John, you are getting older not younger.

Now he sits in a $30,000 a month nursing home shaking his head, asking, where did i go wrong.

But thank God for his good children that are taking him out of that dreaded nursing home
They are going to remodel his Mt. top home for total wheelchair mobility.

Nobody wants to leave their home and John was one that couldn't stand to leave his sanctuary

WHY, WHY!
Do people live on Mt's, flood zones, nuclear plant area's, tornadoes/ hurricane zones, war zones, crime invested places.

Why, some people have no choice and the ones that have a choice make mistakes.
Boy! I sure made my share of mistakes.

Comments

• Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    never seen a 30,000 a month nursing home ? does he get special nursing services[:I]
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    just sign up for a cruise around the world good food room service if you want and a hell of a lot cheaper than $1000.00 a day
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have remodeled our home on the lake to facilitate single level living and added an elevator from garage deck to the main floor level. I don't like the thing but it has been a godsend for the wife as she recovered from her hip surgeries.

I can understand mountain living and lake living. Not sure of the attraction to Nuclear Plants, though I am a downwinder from a distance.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele