In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just me, but I don't think I would buy a COLLECTIBLE firearm from someone who sells it as is with no inspection period--non collectible then eh as long as the pics are big enough then I am fine with as is-the gun sold for $1,025 and the pics are a bit small. If the pics had been bigger it would have been more obvious--the seller should have also stated there were flaws. The gun is still in good enough condition to shoot but not worth $1,025--so I say both are a little at fault, seller for not disclosing and buyer for not thinking a bit more. Here is the original auction http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=124749403
  • proappproapp Member Posts: 3,264
    edited November -1
    hes pissed he spent 1025, his buy it now is 1125
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think that is the way to handle that situation....and I am very suprised that Gun Broker let that auction stay listed. I think that disputes are one thing and slander is another. You only get one side of the argument....anyway the sales are no place for arguments in the first place.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    I don't think that is the way to handle that situation....and I am very suprised that Gun Broker let that auction stay listed. I think that disputes are one thing and slander is another. You only get one side of the argument....anyway the sales are no place for arguments in the first place.

The original listing and the follow-on photographs are pretty strong evidence that the original seller is a dishonest, no good SOB. Slander the hell out of him.
    edited November -1
    If you look at the original listing....it is four far off pictures and a description that is only TWO sentances long. Also, who buys without ANY inspection period with so little to go on? It was just as much his fault for jumping into such a vague sale. He wasn't very smart in how he went into things...
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    If you look at the original listing....it is four far off pictures and a description that is only TWO sentances long. Also, who buys without ANY inspection period with so little to go on? It was just as much his fault for jumping into such a vague sale. He wasn't very smart in how he went into things...

You're right, just don't trust ANYONE to deliver what's listed. It's not like its a German .22 rifle with FAKE Nazi markings, and besides, the Rube should have ASKED if they were fake! [}:)]
  • The Ultimate InfidelThe Ultimate Infidel Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some reading skills and asked questions prior to bidding would have been prudent. The seller who owns it now might have some legal problems with the old owner if he decided he wants to push it. In any event, I wouldn't buy from the current owner or sell to them for that event.
  • jamesjojamesjo Member Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, I think he got the shaft. But, I can't show too much sympathy. I would not buy one of my H&R's with that lousy of pics, and description, as is to boot. Here he is buying a Python!
    edited November -1
    If you are saying that I......have sold anything without being completely honest about it you are VERY wrong. If you can't see what you need to in all the pictures that I post then I am more than willing to answer e-mails. I don't promise ANYTHING that I don't know is true. I list things for a penny most of the time.....because I don't want anyone saying I was unfair and I know there are enough people out there that know what they are doing that it is relatively safe to list things that way.
  • shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i wonder if the original seller intentionally took crappy pictures so that the buyer
    (new owner)wouldnt see the defects, he didnt say anything about how crappy the one side of the gun looked. if i was selling i would have taken several clear pictures of how crappy the bad side looked, just so the seller has no resean to *. as well as described it much better.
  • bamafanbamafan Member Posts: 4,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootuadeal
    i wonder if the original seller intentionally took crappy pictures so that the buyer
    (new owner)wouldnt see the defects, he didnt say anything about how crappy the one side of the gun looked. if i was selling i would have taken several clear pictures of how crappy the bad side looked, just so the seller has no resean to *. as well as described it much better.

On the other hand, as a buyer, I would have asked for pics of the other side as well.
  • 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wonder how pizzed of someone is going to be when they realize they spent $500 on that Camp 9?[;)]
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    I see both sides. The lister was shady and the buyer was stupid. What ever happened to buyer beware?
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,061 ******
    edited November -1
    Did anyone copy a link to the auction and send it to Gunbroker Support for a possible listing violation?
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 35WhelenClassic
    Wonder how pizzed of someone is going to be when they realize they spent $500 on that Camp 9?[;)]

[:D]
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,634 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    The original listing and the follow-on photographs are pretty strong evidence that the original seller is a dishonest, no good SOB. Slander the hell out of him.
    Truth is not slander.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele