In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ammo, did i get ripped???

joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
well i was going to go shooting and just pop off a hundred rds or so but decided i wanted to shoot two guns instead so i went to three different stores to get .45 ammo and the third one had ammo 2 boxs of American Eagle (29.99) and 1 box of Magtec i think its called for 24$. i looked online and its cheaper although i think once i included shipping it would be more through Midway Usa.

Also is Magtec any good, burning wise and how dirty is it?

PS: didn't get to shoot either. Gun Range (state Run and FREE) tore the pistol range down to build a new one. Didn't want to go across town to the indoor range and pay 20$(4boxs of ammo) + 10$ an hr per lane to shoot. Yes they charge for ammo you bring in to shoot, what a crock of S H I T!!!!

Comments

• The Ultimate InfidelThe Ultimate Infidel Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you knew the price and paid it how could you have been ripped? Those prices sound commensurate with locally. Yes you "might" be able to do better online, but then you have to figure shipping etc as well as just because the flyer says 19.99 a box or the site says 19.99 a box doesnt mean when you place your order it will be that price. Cheaper that dirt and Sportsman wharehouse are classic examples. Watch our credit card statements.
  • leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Magtec is good practise ammo. It's pretty clean too.
    The prices you quoted are not too bad, I've seen higher.
  • joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that's comforting. they were all 50rd boxes i think i payed about the same when i bought a box of 100rd Winchester full metal jackets. maybe that's why i felt cheated but you can't find ammo around here for nothing. took me 3 stores to find what i needed. gonna hate when i have to go shopping for my rifle ammo as its rare ammo