In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

if the federal government health plan goes through

robbie pennyrobbie penny Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
i am not paying anymore taxes and will be fighting the government wherever and whenever i can. you should too. its your duty.

Comments

• trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    If it goes through .you need to ask your Doctor what he plans to do .
    That is the scary thought .
  • robbie pennyrobbie penny Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well i dont have health insurance i always pay cash. however, if the government is going to be paying for everytihng then i will be going to the doctor twice a week now.
    "hey doc, my crap was a little orange this morning, can we run some tests, maybe like an mri or something" ?
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    +

So will we all.

Doug
  • dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    if it goes through it will bankrupt your country permanently. there`s no way it will work if everyone who uses it isn`t paying into it! about the only way i can think of that might...just might get it to work is if the money to fund it is raised through some sort of across the board sales tax...consumpiton tax, that way illegals will pay the same as citizens! it`s obvious that the way things are done now with illegals having the legal right to access free treatment is discriminatory against u.s. citizens! either way i think your going to have a mess to deal with some time in the future that is going to hurt to fix.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
  • dongilldongill Member Posts: 2,640
    edited November -1
    The illegals[}:)][}:)] are already bankrupting the healthcare system!
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dongill
    The illegals[}:)][}:)] are already bankrupting the healthcare system!
    That's why very few, and fewer every day, can afford health care insurance.
  • Sparty_76Sparty_76 Member Posts: 714 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    #1 Your tune might change if you have a chronic health problem and you lose your insurance because you get laid-off. Trying paying cash for a pacemaker. You might get one but not two unless you are a millionaire.

You think our present system is fair? If I would not have health insurance my pacemaker would have cost me $120,000 3 years ago. In the next two months I had more tests and procedures amounting an additional $40,000. Last year I had another 6-hour procedure that cost $80,000. Becuase of "discounting" agreement United Health Care had with the hospital and doctor my employer (self-insured) paid 50% or about $120,000. If I would have had to pay cash I would have had to pay $240,000 for both procedures. I would have lost a very good share of all I have worked for 35 years. Another procedure or two I would lose all I had and then would be on the goverment tab.

More fair is that if I lose my health insurance I will be uninsurable and NEVER get insurance again. Yup sure is a fair system we have... But it scares the h___ out of me!
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    im gone for a few days and they pull this poop?

great way to tank the already bull poop system.

oh well, it has to get worse before it can get any better.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    So I suppose you'd rather WE pay for it, hey?
  • robbie pennyrobbie penny Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tfitz54
    #1 Your tune might change if you have a chronic health problem and you lose your insurance because you get laid-off. Trying paying cash for a pacemaker. You might get one but not two unless you are a millionaire.

You think our present system is fair? If I would not have health insurance my pacemaker would have cost me $120,000 3 years ago. In the next two months I had more tests and procedures amounting an additional $40,000. Last year I had another 6-hour procedure that cost $80,000. Becuase of "discounting" agreement United Health Care had with the hospital and doctor my employer (self-insured) paid 50% or about $120,000. If I would have had to pay cash I would have had to pay $240,000 for both procedures. I would have lost a very good share of all I have worked for 35 years. Another procedure or two I would lose all I had and then would be on the goverment tab.

More fair is that if I lose my health insurance I will be uninsurable and NEVER get insurance again. Yup sure is a fair system we have... But it scares the h___ out of me!

i dont recal the united states constitution saying anything about me paying for YOUR health care.
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    From what i heard is if you already have insurence it wont help you out. So i'm paying 500 a month for my family plan and now will have to pay for all the people that dont have insurence F that. I budget my money and there are times were I have had to skip a payment on something just to put food on the table, or sell something to make a payment but i still manage to pay my health insurence. Now i know there are people that truely need help with this but the people this will help the most are the lazy sob's that sit on there arses living on welfare haveing more and more kids everyday just to get a bigger gov check. F that. If i can pay for my insurece so can everyone else.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    with the medical vacation trips rapidly growing in vogue i would for see a decline in USA quality as more trained experts go abroad to further their own medical/financial agenda & the public will follow like foreigners coming here now....???
  • joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i thought they were talking about the pay as you go thing. i'm confused. Are we going to gov funded or gov run? pay as you go dosen't seem bad except that taxs go sky high. only reason i say that is because the illeagals will be paying atleast.