In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Drew Peterson?s Gettin? The Treatment

DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion

Comments

• robbie pennyrobbie penny Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i disagree completly. neither you nor that website should choose this evil guy to promote an agenda.
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...My opinion of that piece of excrement aside....This is still America. Even he deserves a fair trial. It's still innocent until
    proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. If you or I are ever charged with something, I hope that's what we get.
    ...Then they can hang the murdering SOB.[}:)]
  • DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most of you guys claim to love the Constitution's Bill of Rights which includes the protections to a fair trial.

I guess some of you don't belive in that Constitution after all. That's too bad considering how many heroes died defending it. Think about this you could be next!

The second Amendment is to protect the other nine! Can we at least wait until a jury looks at the evidence before you convict him? Do you really want the press to be trying cases? Last time I looked, the press was not too kind to gun owners.

Think about this one a little more.
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    The guy has to be convicted on the evidence of what he did, and nothing else. Otherwise the door for "opinion" convictions is opened and it won't be long before anyone who owns a gun will be "convicted" of being a subversive.

We don't want to go there.
  • robbie pennyrobbie penny Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I havent heard anything yet to show his right to due process was being violated or that he has been mistreated in any way.
    If anyone believes he has please provide some examples....
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,509 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't see the point of the article.
    Mr. Peterson is getting his due process.

He has thumbed his nose at the cops since day one, making jokes about the death/disappearance of his wives.
    So the cops made him do a 50 foot perp walk, and put him in leg irons.
    Big deal.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I think the guy should be put to death because I don't like him.

Doug
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, some of it's silly and it's probably unnecessarily circus like, but I don't see where any of his rights have been violated with the possible exception of the Second Amendment, which is unrelated to the murders.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Again I say, what man has been through 3 young wives of which a couple die young and in accidents, and a 3rd just dissapears.And the Father of the 4th and newest one keeps an eye on her.?
    Most people go a lifetime and only lose one by natural causes. Something is rotten in Denmark..
  • warriorsfanwarriorsfan Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by robbie penny
    I havent heard anything yet to show his right to due process was being violated or that he has been mistreated in any way.
    If anyone believes he has please provide some examples....

+1

All searches and seizures were conducted with a warrant, signed by a judge. Just like the Bill of Rights requires. If Defender has reason to believe that Drew Peterson's rights have been violated, I challenge him to provide specific examples backed up with evidence.

Sounds to me like Defender is just sticking up for a murdering POS.