In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What Amy Adams Did ...

ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
edited June 2014 in General Discussion
She didn't advertise this simple nice thing she did, somebody else put it out on Twitter and that got the media waiting for her at the airport. Nice to know about, but since she wanted it to be off the public radar I wish the ESPAN worker bee had kept her Twitter yap shut and not alerted the photogs to storm the airport.

Oh well, at least it was a classy deed she did.

Amy Adams gives up seat in first class to U.S. soldier on LA-bound flight
Traveling from the Detroit set of 'Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice,' the classy five-time Academy Award nominee rode in coach and took a photo with her new seatmate. Adams tried to keep the act of generosity quiet, but the story was broken by a fellow passenger, ESPN2's Jemele Hill.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/amy-adams-seat-class-u-s-solider-article-1.1846797

"Man of Steel" star Amy Adams played the role of a hero to a U.S. soldier Friday morning.

The five-time Academy Award nominee was spied giving up her first-class ticket to a serviceman in uniform, opting to fly in his coach seat on the Detroit-to-Los Angeles flight.

"I didn't do it for attention for myself. I did it for attention for the Troops," Adams later told "Inside Edition" after landing at LAX.

ESPN2 personality Jemele Hill witnessed Amy Adams' act of kindness.

"When we were waiting to board, I saw her glance the soldier's way and then she said something to the person she was traveling with," Hill said in an email to Today.com from the flight. "Once we boarded, I saw she was in first class. I was upgraded to first class and she was a couple rows behind me. I think she must have said something to the flight attendant, because before we took off she had vacated her seat and the flight attendant brought the soldier to her seat."

Adams, the daughter of an Army officer, was flying from the Detroit set of "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice," reprising her role as ace reporter Lois Lane.

Hill added that a flight attendant told her the actress continued to play a real life superhero onboard the plane, greeting the soldier by the cockpit, before heading back to her new seat in coach.

"I just thought it was incredibly classy and thoughtful," Hill told "Today." "I already was a fan of hers, but now I'm a bigger one after today."

The soldier wasn't the only one on the flight to get a huge upgrade. Another passenger got to take a selfie with his new A-list seatmate.

Video:
http://www.insideedition.com/videos/2750-amy-adams-gives-up-her-first-class-seat-to-a-soldier

In case you haven't seen her before:
Amy-Adams-without-makeup.jpg

Comments