In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pre-Diabetes?

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
Been hearing about this recently to the point of how ridiculous it sounds. We all know everyone can get diabetes. It's like weather man in Seattle saying there's a chance of rain today for a year. And 80+% of the time he would not be wrong [:D]. Is this a hustle for the medical folks to get a quick buck?

Comments

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,379 ******
    edited November -1
    Many recent headlines in the news keep telling me how INVESTER'S are scoring big on medical developments.

The MEDIA wants everyone to know that we will live forever as long as we keep buying and taking this or that medication or supplement.

Death only happens to those who do not listen to their advise!(Green Font)
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder if they'll remake "Medicine Man" where the plague of the 21st century is Diabetes and not cancer? Diabetes is a catch all and if you have it no need to look for other causes. It seems to me.

I wonder who'll start using the term "pre-death"? The Tall Man crowed or Doctors? [:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Metabolic Syndrome is real, it is a warning sign of probable issues.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840

Simply the medical industry's attempt to drum up more business when people return to be checked/tested again.

[}:)]

Trust me, they are busy enough with other human conditions and are not going to make one up for money. There are a lot easier ways for the medical community to make money from other forms of human stupidity and sloth. Government is, was and has been the cause of insanely rising health care costs for close to 60 years.
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Brookwood
    Many recent headlines in the news keep telling me how INVESTER'S are scoring big on medical developments.

The MEDIA wants everyone to know that we will live forever as long as we keep buying and taking this or that medication or supplement.

Death only happens to those who do not listen to their advise!(Green Font)

While many things are hype, many others are not.

I take care of a lot of people that would have been long dead without modern medical care. Besides other issues many of them would have died in their 50's from heart disease. I bet there are many here on the forum that fall into that category.