In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

stupid people

gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Today in class some one brought up the topic of .50 caliber "sniper" rifles and they were amazed that they were legal for people to buy. this moron went on to say that they were cheap and easy to get and would make great weapons to kill lots of people. He was saying things like they were being sold for between 500 and a 1000 dollars and are easily concellied in a coat. But the high light of the argument came when another student said that our government discourages the army from using weapons like this in war. now im no expert here but arnt .50 cals mounted on just about every vehical in the army from humvees to tanks. To make things even worse i didnt get a chance to say anything back to these two individuels. But I was thinking if ya have no idea what you are talking about why say things that others are going to leave the room thinking are true.

Comments

• gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can just make out the bear next to the 3 ladies in the grass. I stopped and took this picture thru my windshield and more people kept walking up to the wild bear to have their pictures taken with it. I just drove by and told them to look out for Mama bear.
    2009smokiesvacation-dollywood113.jpg
    edited November -1
    We all know that there are gun trading and selling groups all over the net.
    was looking at one last night and saw a picture of a threaded advice to screw onto an oil filter to make a silenced.
    Most of us have seen the videos of these on youtube and were made aware by the manufacturer that you had to have the tax stamp to own one.
    this idiot was making them and selling them for $50.
    He had a "disclaimer" that it was made to ?lean your barrel and have the crud drain into the filter.
    Stated that it was not his responsibility to warn you that it could be used as a silencer: that was your responsibility.
    People were lining up to buy them!
    your opinion : atf sting or a stupid idiot!?
    edited November -1
    I took this picture about 5-6 years ago. It's Cottonwood Ranch just below Four Peaks northeast of Phoenix. The thing that caught my eye was this old old Mesquite Tree. It always reminded me of toughness and survival in a harsh setting.

ROCKTANK3.jpg

Today we were out on the quads and decided to stop by the old ranch.
    All the fence wire on the pens were ripped and cut, the post torn or cut down for campfires. Graffiti <sp> everywhere along with tons of trash.

And my favorite tree shot all to hell, literally hundreds of bullet holes in it. There's way too many people around here[:(!]

PB9-19-10ROCKTANK.jpg
    edited November -1
    necesssary backround: i am a AHA BCLS{Basic Cardiac Life Support(CPR)} insructor, and an EMT.

i was teaching CPR/AED to a fresh crop of EMT students tonight. i understand that there is a learning curve in this subject and do as best as i can to help them along the pratcial tasteing, without giving them the answers outright. that said, sometimes i have to tell a student to go back, review the material and try again. hay 8 student tonight. 5 passed first time, no problem. one woman failed, studied, came back and managed to muddle through adult and child CPR but bombed airway obsturction. the other two were across the board failures. three different insts. examined them and concurred. this bothers me because, i have been told, i am a very good CPR inst. and i can tell you the others i was teaching with are damn fine teachers as well. none of us could get these folks to learn this skill. it was aggraviting

vent off...aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.........

--Laws too gentle are seldom obeyed; too severe, seldom executed--

--The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them--

--It is lamentable, that to be a good patriot one must become the enemy of the rest of mankind--
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    look at this auction on 1 mag for a CZ P07 16 rnds[:0]

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=325741962

stupid [B)] stupid[B)] stupid[B)]
  • TopkickTopkick Member Posts: 4,452 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's what's for breakfast.

Agreed- stupid.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That reminds me of the "Faces of Death" video where the Bear attacks some stupid man that was trying to film it.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    Bears in the wild are not predictable. About a month or so ago, a guy in Alaska who was deer hunting with a 7mm Mag was charged by a Grizzly. It turned out to be the record Grizzly, but putting it down wasn't easy, the guy emptied his magazine, and had to reload to finally kill it. It was autopsied, and it was discovered that it had eaten two people within the previous 36 hours. It's what's for breakfast, is right.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The term Wild Animal means something to me
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    About three years ago, Mike and I were attending the annual post-race season party up at the local dirt track. We had a fire going, were roasting corn, throwing the cobs back into the brush, drinking beer, good times. I'm sitting on a lawn chair with my back to the brush, next to one of the cars that is a track packer. Suddenly, I become keenly aware that everyone on the opposite side of the fire is looking at me...I'm like "What?"...Mike's buddy Dennis tells me there is a bear next to me, and to stay still, I look to my right, and less that two feet away from my shoulder is this huge, black furry head. Slowly, I get up, and walk to the other side of the fire. Mike then jumps on the hood of the track packer, starts jumping up and down, waving his arms, and yelling. He must have scared the crap out of the poor thing, it took off like a shot back into the brush.[:)]
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Death wish?

Bear.jpg
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep,........the whole world is a zoo for the benefit of humans.
    Hate to sound cold, but I don't have much sympathy for types like this when something bad happens.

I love the mantra in Florida from some, to kill all the sharks because they hurt "people."[xx(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • VinhlongVet71VinhlongVet71 Member Posts: 4,605
    edited November -1
    OHHHHHHHH,,, arent they cute???????

SWIPE, CHOMP CHOMP
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    wild animals are just that, wild!
    can't be trusted around people.
    years ago I was in one of those safari parks where you drive thru.
    signs all over to keep your windows rolled up and don't feed the animals.
    genious in the ford explorer thought it would be fun to feed the monkeys. first offering went well, monkey perched on his side mirror and ate a cookie.
    i guess the second cookie didn't come fast enough, cause the monkey went in thru the open window and bit the hell out of the driver and his wife!
    they didn't catch the monkey, so the humans had to get rabies shot as well as stitches!
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Like Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid."[:D]
  • k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1
    Unless that's Yogi Bear, those gals could be in trouble.

[}:)]
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was that close once. Guard Duty Camp Lejuene NC. Saw this Cute little Cub and it was about that close. Then my mind kicks in, where is Mama. I had gotten between them and she was pissed. All they gave us for Ammo was Blanks.

Lucky for me I was not that long out of Boot Camp I out ran her.