In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Car Ignition switches.

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
I have seen a video of two girls trying to shut a car door but a tree is blocking it. All they would need to do is drive forward a bit and they could shut the door.

But that got me thinking about my car.

My Car if it is not in park the Key will not come out the engine will shut off but the key stays. If the Key stays the door is locked. You can hit the door unlock button and it will unlock. But if I am ever in an Accident I hope I can remember that.

Comments

• wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw that one last night too. One girl tugging on the tree while the other was trying to shut the door!

Things you wouldn't believe if it weren't filmed.
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wiplash
    I saw that one last night too. One girl tugging on the tree while the other was trying to shut the door!

Things you wouldn't believe if it weren't filmed.

What got me thinking is I don't think my car will go into drive or reverse if the door is open. But they had to get into that position with the door open. and either pushed it back or drove it back. So that was not the case with them.
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There wasn't any problem when the ignition & lights switches were on the floor where God intended for them to be. I had a heck of a time a few nights ago trying to get the headlights on.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gruntled
    There wasn't any problem when the ignition & lights switches were on the floor where God intended for them to be. I had a heck of a time a few nights ago trying to get the headlights on.

My Car is all automatic Dark lights are on. If its light out they are off even if it starts to rain they are on.

If I ever get pulled over for not having my lights I'll just tell the cop to talk to the car not my problem.