In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The big buzz on the internet

SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
Okay,pun intended. What are your thoughts on the question, did we really go to the moon? Very interesting.

https://youtu.be/EKx8sSzj8j0

Comments

• Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SG
    Okay,pun intended. What are your thoughts on the question, did we really go to the moon? Very interesting.

I had enough of that jack wayne. Cant listen past the first ignorant rant about belief vs fact. What a clueless libturd.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    I realize logic carries no weight when dealing with illogical people, but has it occurred to anyone that the Soviets would have screamed bloody murder if the moon landing had been faked?
    They had phased array antennas too and could tell where the telemetry signals were coming from.

It's the same with the nutjobs that claim TWA flight number 800, left JFK enroute to Paris in 2013, was shot down by a US air to air missile. It would be impossible to hide the loss or use of a missile from the multitudes of personnel that would have come in contact with the storage, transport, loading, and safety requirements of peace time weapon accountability. Someone would have squealed.
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Many many moons ago I had a high school teacher that swore we did not go to the moon the first time we said we did, Apollo 11, it was a stunt to beat Russia since they beat us into space,, then afterwards we did go to cover up the deception..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The coverup was about two prior astronauts who burned up from the radiation in space. I can't verify it.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mag00
    The coverup was about two prior astronauts who burned up from the radiation in space. I can't verify it.

The Soviets did lose some Cosmonauts we never heard about. One or two did suffocate in orbit and one or two impacted the ground when their reentry chutes failed to deploy. Their failures they kept hidden.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the immortal words of Charlie Brown, "Good Grief."

Lets all finally admit that the moon landing was a fake, there was a conspiracy of several million involved in killing Kennedy, and Coors beer is actually drinkable, then maybe we can get some sleep.
  • Options
    oldWinchesterfanoldWinchesterfan Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To your question, hell yes!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking

The Soviets did lose some Cosmonauts we never heard about. One or two did suffocate in orbit and one or two impacted the ground when their reentry chutes failed to deploy. Their failures they kept hidden.

We lost some too. They were not protected from the radiation and one supposedly burned up and the other burned beyond recognition. Like I said, I haven't corroborated the story, and actually first heard about it earlier today.

We were chatting about new propulsion to get us to Mars to infest another planet in a time span that didn't kill the settlers.

What is the difference between a Cosmonaut and Astronaut?

A quart of Vodka
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You obviously didn't watch it to the end. I as well as the "jack Wayne" in the video believe we went to the moon. Your last comment says a lot about you.

I had enough of that jack wayne. Cant listen past the first ignorant rant about belief vs fact. What a clueless libturd.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the one airliner that should have been shot down was the one carrying the Lockerbie bomber back to Lybia...cannot fathom why they let the bazzard go free back to his cheering admirers...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You obviously didn't watch it to the end. I as well as the "jack Wayne" in the video believe we went to the moon. Your last comment says a lot about you.

Yeah, don't know how I could make that any clearer. He is still a clueless libturd and you identify with him. Good for you. [:D]
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog

Lets all finally admit that the moon landing was a fake, there was a conspiracy of several million involved in killing Kennedy, and Coors beer is actually drinkable, then maybe we can get some sleep.

I was with you right up till the coors comment, thats going to far....
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,202 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All the evidence that the landings were fake has been faked.

There's a giant conspiracy that claims the government is hiding UFO truth.

Zaruder shot Kennedy and framed Oswald.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Where do get that I identify with him? Because I shared a video that may raise some interesting points from the smart folks here on the forum? Your identity politics show who really is the "clueless" here. [:D]

Yeah, don't know how I could make that any clearer. He is still a clueless libturd and you identify with him. Good for you. [:D]
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    As he says in the video: context. She asks why haven't we been back to the moon in such a long time. Buzz's answer: Well you're right... we didn't go there [BACK/AGAIN] because it's expensive to do it again. That's what he says. He sure isn't saying we NEVER went there. No contextual interpretation can conclude that is what he is saying.

This video was well done. I suppose folks like Barz follow right along with what he's refuting, though.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,389 ******
    edited November -1
    It will be very easy (but expensive) to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that we did in fact walk on the moon!

All of the foot prints and LEM base units are still there along with the planted flag and plaque. No wind or erosion going on there so everything is just about as pristine as it was back in '69.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,202 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those things have been photographed by lunar orbiting satellites. But the nutso crowd just claim those are fakes, too.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you MrPerfect, you hit the nail on the head. Some people just want to argue about crap that wasn't ever said out of fear of having their perception of what they hold so close in their beliefs, crushed.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    coors may be drinkable but i could never get how i could drink one and pee two
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know if we landed there but we sure as hell launched.
    I drove down with two high school buddies and watched the launch.
    We borrowed my parents' Ford station wagon, drove straight through and got to Cape Kennedy about 3am.
    Closest we could get was 13 miles away. It was like a pop festival, we were way out in the country on a rural road, and cars were lined on the road on both sides as far as you could see.
    Everybody sitting around, excitedly talking about the launch.

You could clearly see the big rocket, NASA had it all lit up and it looked beautiful, so far away.
    About 9am they lit the big boy up and it was the biggest fireball I ever saw. What was weird, there was no sound.

It took about 30 second and the sound wave hit us, it was the loudest sound I ever have heard, it felt like the ground was shaking.

We watched the big rocket climb, slowly, high up into the sky as it headed east.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hillbille
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog

I was with you right up till the coors comment, thats going to far....

Sorry, I thought the green was understood.[:)]
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1