In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Multiple deer shot with arrows through head, body

beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
At least two deer were discovered wandering around Friday with arrows sticking through their bodies, prompting authorities in Oregon to offer a reward for information that could lead to an arrest.

Oregon State Police said in a news release that authorities were called to the Shady Cove area, located about 50 miles from the California border, to investigate a live deer that was shot with an arrow still stuck in the animal.

Troopers learned the deer was able to feed and still walk around, but they were unable to locate the animal.

Hours later, a trooper that evening found two deer that had arrows protruding from them, with one going through the animal's head.

"The injuries to the deer did not appear to be life threatening," police said. "Additional information was received that there might actually be a third deer with an arrow stuck in it."

A reward is being offered by the Oregon Hunters Association for any information leading to an arrest in this or any other wildlife case.

Anyone with information is asked to call the anonymous tip line at 1-800-452-7888 or by calling Oregon State Police dispatch at 541-776-6111.

Story with pictures
0M9InwN.gif[

Comments

• Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From my experience, there are way more people loose with bows than ought to be.
  • Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    those arrows are tipped with field tips not broad heads , so probably some * hat getting his kicks by just shooting them [}:)]
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Catch him and cut his gonads off.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    An Eye for an Eye.
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That pisses me off.

I get hunting. I am a hunter myself, but that is sick.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    either a 9 year old, or someone with the decision making skills of a 9 year old. And most 9 year olds that hunt make better decisions.
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Arrows or bolts ? Probably long range crossbow shots.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am a deer hunter, but the mofkers who did this are sick. Hope someone finds them and punished to the fullest extent of the law.
  • Options
    m88.358winm88.358win Member Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just watched an episode of Lone Star Law where they had some guy under arrest for shooting deer at night. They made him show where he and his friends shot deer. As they were driving down the road he would say "shot three or four right here" wardens get out and find the dead deer. Wardens ask any more? "Yes" How many? "Maybe twenty or forty"
    They kept driving down the road the killer would point out where they shot a cat, a cow and on and on.......[V]
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wichita man came home & finds house broken into and his dog beat to death inside the door...lots of donations for reward to find the bazturd..cruelty to animals people like this deserve a slow painful death
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    wichita man came home & finds house broken into and his dog beat to death inside the door...lots of donations for reward to find the bazturd..cruelty to animals people like this deserve a slow painful death

This is a precursor to serial killers, they all start on animals.

I would like to beat the guy to death with my sjambok.
    RLTW

• Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dakotashooter2

from the pictures they look too long to be Bolts , but hard to tell for sure
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by redhawkk480
    quote:Originally posted by dakotashooter2

from the pictures they look too long to be Bolts , but hard to tell for sure

True. Those look like target arrows to me. As Sam06 noted, a future serial killer on the loose.
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek

This is a precursor to serial killers, they all start on animals.

I would like to beat the guy to death with my sjambok.
    sjambok! oh no [8D] not too many people know what a sjambok is... proof you must have BDTD
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,261 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like to get my hands on the sick POS who is torturing these animals. Give me a half hour alone with him and I will make him regret it.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    2 of the Animals have be treated for their wounds.