In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

America's gun stores are overstocked !

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
Well it looks like the bargin bin is back! One gun range is going to start serving alcohol beverages! But you can only drink after shooting!

serf

http://money.cnn.com/2014/10/31/news/companies/sturm-ruger-guns/index.html?iid=Lead

Gun sales surged to unprecedented levels following the Newtown massacre of December 2012, driven by concerns about increased federal regulations, particularly against assault rifles.

Back then, Americans were buying AR-15s and AK-47s as fast as retailers could get them, pushing up prices and creating shortages of guns and ammo.

The stores couldn't order them fast enough. But they over ordered and now there are too many guns sitting on their shelves.

Comments

• Options
    M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    That could change in an instant.
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What will they look like after Tuesday?

[:D]
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by US Military Guy
    What will they look like after Tuesday?

Depends on how the election turns out. If the Republicans do well we may soon see full shelves of .22s. Otherwise the panic may be back in full force.
  • Options
    Oso2142Oso2142 Member Posts: 2,940
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by M1A762
    That could change in an instant.

I tend to agree, and this might be a good time to buy.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AKs have finally fallen to an acceptable price, just order one from aim surplus...free shipping...was sup [8D]
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf

Well it looks like the bargin bin is back! One gun range is going to start serving alcohol beverages! But you can only drink after shooting!

One nice new club here has a very nice bar and cigar lounge. You wouldnt like it Serf, your club ID is an RFID card,[:0]

Once you purchase something in the bar, your ID will not open the door back into the range
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    quote:Originally posted by serf

One nice new club here has a very nice bar and cigar lounge. You wouldnt like it Serf, your club ID is an RFID card,[:0]

Once you purchase something in the bar, your ID will not open the door back into the range

Should put something like that on a voter ID card.

Once you vote Democrat, you can't buy a gun. [:D]
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a feeling that wont last long, either run a bar or a gun range the two together wont work. Also leaves a careless idea the anti gunners will have a field day. Just my 2 cents!!
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******
    edited November -1
    Back when I was in college I had the idea to open a laundromat and attached bar called Suds (in a college town, of course). I may still do that, perhaps when I retire.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mr.Perfect, great idea get sauced when you go do the laundry. Men would be willing to go wash close at least twice a week. I like it "Suds" Laundry".
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Nighthawk
    Mr.Perfect, great idea get sauced when you go do the laundry. Men would be willing to go wash close at least twice a week. I like it "Suds" Laundry".

We have a Buds and Suds in this area.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Nighthawk
    Beers would cost such that returned change from a bill paid with a $5, $10, $20, or $50 would yield at least 1 quarter. For example, with a 8% tax rate, beers might cost $3.47/ea.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When she becomes President the shelves will clear fast.[:D]

SNN1616HC---_1638740a.jpg
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder how many liberal gun owners here will vote for a democrap[:(][xx(][V][:(!]
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Let me guess...a $500 Olympic AR-15 is now only $1200?
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    Back when I was in college I had the idea to open a laundromat and attached bar called Suds (in a college town, of course). I may still do that, perhaps when I retire.

There was a place like that at 10th and Hemphill just off the GaTech campus when I was in school. I had a place with laundry by the time it opened so I think I only went in once or twice to meet some friends at the bar side. It lasted for a while, but since there was a good pizza place with full bar on the other side of the street it had some competition.

My daughter's dorms have laundry on the first floor. Cost is included in the room and board. No quarters.
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    still over priced.

They need to get those prices down so I can unfold this bank roll I have from gouging everyone in the eye the past 2 years so I can restock for the next ride.

• Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

There was a place like that at 10th and Hemphill just off the GaTech campus when I was in school. I had a place with laundry by the time it opened so I think I only went in once or twice to meet some friends at the bar side. It lasted for a while, but since there was a good pizza place with full bar on the other side of the street it had some competition.

My daughter's dorms have laundry on the first floor. Cost is included in the room and board. No quarters.

There is one in Eugene Down near the U of O that has a Wine Dealer right next door and a coffee shop inside.