In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

This to me is kind of scary.

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
quote:PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Gov. Kate Brown is authorizing the Oregon National Guard to deploy soldiers to help deal with an influx of tourists during next month's total solar eclipse.

Oregon Public Broadcasting reports that the National Guard will stage six aircraft and about 150 soldiers and airmen ahead of the Aug. 21 celestial event.

The moon's shadow first hits Oregon as the moon passes between the Earth and the sun and up to 1 million people are expected to visit the state to see it.

State and local governments have been planning for months to prepare for an influx of people that could jam highways and stretch resources.

The eclipse coincides with peak wildfire season in Oregon and the National Guard could help fight fires if necessary.

http://www.kezi.com/story/35997297/national-guard-to-deploy-for-total-solar-eclipse

So she is going to add more folks and bottlenecks to help the problems.

Comments

• Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    they will be armed and told to shoot on site any weird behavior brought on from the moon doggies
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it is a cloudy day a lot of people are going to be sorely disappointed and think of all those Eclipse glasses clogging up the landfills [}:)]
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fordsix
    they will be armed and told to shoot on site any weird behavior brought on from the moon doggies

You're wrong there, this is Oregon. They're going to be there to shoot anybody that acts normally
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks

You're wrong there, this is Oregon. They're going to be there to shoot anybody that acts normally

I know you said that in jest, but you may be more right than you know![:0]
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks

I know you said that in jest, but you may be more right than you know![:0]

Preach, Brother!

I was 'threatened' by a cute little Millennial man child the other day. Apparently, 'my kind' are going to be dealt with harshly.

I don't think he understood why I was smiling at him. [8D]
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    but for a governor to enact them during a large riot and uprising where crimes are being committed is racist
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan
    but for a governor to enact them during a large riot and uprising where crimes are being committed is racist

Not in this state, the Gov would be out there egging them on and telling the troops to stay home.