In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Unemployment rate Here :::

Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
OK :

#61557; UNEMPLOYMENT DOWN IN ALL COUNTIES
The unemployment rate in all 95 counties in Tennessee decreased
in August. In McMinn County, the jobless rate in August was
4.1%, down from 4.6% in July. Meigs County?s unemployment
rate in August was 4.9%, down from 5.6% in July. In Monroe
County, the unemployment rate in August dropped to 3.9%, down
from 4.5% in July. Polk County recorded a jobless rate of 4.2% in
August, and Bradley County?s unemployment rate was 3.5% in
August. Rhea County had the highest unemployment rate in Tennessee
in August at 6.0%.
#61557;

Thanks !!!
The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?

Comments

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good if people just worked for a living the world would be a better place. Lots less time to march and protest Trump putting on his pants.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    in AMERICA we need to put a large number of people back to work by checking up on those drawing welfare, disability, and unemployment...now it is easier for govt to give away your money than it is to do follow ups and look for mistakes
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,437 ******
    edited November -1
    What the gov't reports to the public regarding the unemployment rate is fixed. They just love to look good no matter how bad it is in the real world!
  • Options
    kissgoodnightkissgoodnight Member Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not believe any government statistics.
    They have been lying too many years.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Fed collects data from states. Agreed that #'s may be off. However with illegals leaving unemployment should be going down.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    in AMERICA we need to put a large number of people back to work by checking up on those drawing welfare, disability, and unemployment...now it is easier for govt to give away your money than it is to do follow ups and look for mistakes

Amen.
  • Options
    themountainmanthemountainman Member Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live in Bradley County and lots of now hiring signs. Lots of work for those willing. The panhandlers have come upon hard times though. If someone looks to be able bodied they are SOL
    There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those who can do math and those who can't. :?
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpageabc
    The Fed collects data from states.

That is not correct. The US Census Bureau conducts the Current Population Survey each month for the Bureau of Labor Statistics, who in turn, use that data to produce the employment/unemployment report.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Where I work the employees are either Here for the long Haul. We have a bunch with 10 to 20 years here. Or they Quit after just a week or even just a day. Its been a while since we have had a full crew. Its not a bad job and they are not paying minimum wage. Folks just do not like being told they have to work to get that money.
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a labor shortage around here.Everybody that will work has a job and it appears the rest are on disability.Help wanted signs are everywhere.
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here in Omaha, there aren't enough people to fill all the "now hiring" businesses.

GO DONALD!!!!
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The problem with the numbers is that since the Obama started letting people with hangnails claim disability, it would be a lot higher.

I know a guy that used to work for me that's on disability because he's a drunk, and can't hold down a job because he can't stay sober long enough to work 8 hours. And that's how he qualified for disability, he actually qualified for disability because he told the doctors he couldn't stay away from alcohol long enough to keep a job[xx(][xx(][xx(]

I hope Trump changes the disability qualifications, although it would be bad for his ratings, because unemployment would go up. But the number of people on disability would go down
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Monday At our daily Manager meeting the head guy Mentioned that he had two new guys start and they were still here. Should have seen the look he gave when I Said. "we just had 1st break are you sure" We lose a lot right at 1st break on the very 1st day.