.

SEAL Author Rejects the Pentagon's Legal Threat

FrancFFrancF Member, Moderator Posts: 35,278 ******
edited September 2012 in General Discussion

Comments

  • andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 11,311
    edited November -1
    I'm kinda torn on this one. In general, I think veterans violate a trust when then write books about classified operations. On the other, if this exposes The Kenyan for his own lies and misdeeds, more power to him. Like I said, I'm a bit conflicted here. [:)]
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,200 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So Obama didnt kill osama?
  • FrancFFrancF Member, Moderator Posts: 35,278 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by andrewsw16
    I'm kinda torn on this one. In general, I think veterans violate a trust when then write books about classified operations. On the other, if this exposes The Kenyan for his own lies and misdeeds, more power to him. Like I said, I'm a bit conflicted here. [:)]


    Its a question No doubt in my mind. OBL Might have been on Ice for a long time. Benazir Bhutto was assassinated soon after this interview.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZiUjhsEAK4&feature=related

    Speculation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpBPVkpmoeg&feature=related
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,821
    edited November -1
    If the SEAL is writing a work of fiction what can the Pantagon really do? Is that why the book was written in the first place? Kind of a poke in the eye of the Obama Admin?

    I think the SEAL knew what he was doing. He's probabaly love to take this to court.
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    oboma the blamer just does not like being upstaged by a lowly seal.i wonder what info is on obomas selective service form. don,t you still have to regester? eastbank.
  • bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    This has more to do with a lack of military discipline than anything else.
    IMHO

    Poor form.
  • A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eastbank
    oboma the blamer just does not like being upstaged by a lowly seal.i wonder what info is on obomas selective service form. don,t you still have to regester? eastbank.


    Probably enlisted scum at that.
  • 4627046270 Member Posts: 12,627
    edited November -1
    I would like to read it, then we can see, the white house s trying to blow smoke up our *. I think the only reason that Obama is treating the seal, because e is tel,king the truth and Obama is not. To hell with what he all mighty wants, he is not a dictator YET! And if it keeps going he won't be the Pres.
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    I read a review of his book last night so I guess I am going to have to buy it. The reviewer I read said nothing but positive things about his book so I guess the first reports we heard about the "kill" were "The Official Party Line" and not the inside scoop. Do I fault this SEAL? Not in the least as when the White House can't keep secrets and broadcasts them at will...and takes credit ("You didn't do that...") when not deserved.
  • m88.358winm88.358win Member Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I remember correctly, didn't Obama give his Hollywood friends access to classified material in order to write/produce a movie based on the bin Laden raid? Couple that with the numerous leaks, and you have grounds for impeachment and removal from office.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 33,011 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FrancF:
    There is speculation that OBL had been on ice long before the SEAL raid?

    Tell me about it. I have a slow computer connection today and couldn't open that youtube link.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,822 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not to disparage this book by any means, but it seems that anyone that has a case of 'flatulence' decides to start writing books.

    I just can't figure out who the customers are that are gobbling up all of these books.

    Do they actually read them, or just put them into a library?
    God knows I don't have the time for it.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • azpowerwagonazpowerwagon Member Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by m88.358win

    If I remember correctly, didn't Obama give his Hollywood friends access to classified material in order to write/produce a movie based on the bin Laden raid? Couple that with the numerous leaks, and you have grounds for impeachment and removal from office.



    And that is exactly why this will never be more that talk show fodder. The regime does not want this going to court.
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,524 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the book puts his comrades in danger in any way then he should be shot.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who cares how Osama died, dead is dead, I hope it hurt a lot and pray the fires of hell have a pig in his lap and a blow torch on his nards.
  • FrancFFrancF Member, Moderator Posts: 35,278 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    FrancF:
    There is speculation that OBL had been on ice long before the SEAL raid?

    Tell me about it. I have a slow computer connection today and couldn't open that youtube link.


    This is kinda complicated- Benazir Bhutto was trying to restore democracy in Pakistan before it it was recognized as a terrorist state in 06-07. In short she wanted PM/General Musharraf to round up the thugs including OBL's murderer that was also a known terrorist.

    What makes it complicated, OBL was employed by the CIA during the Russian skirmish in Afghanistan. After that it becomes "The enemy of my enemy is our friend.
    and it back fired on the USA.

    You can spend 100's of hours on C-span's congressional testimonials and international interviews & documents that puts as OLB Long gone.

    Edit: Wanted to add, its almost like when you tell a lie and you get caught you tell another to cover up the first one? This one has been snowballing for years.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 33,011 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I know that bin Laden was on the US side during the Russian War.

    A lot of former US "friends" wind up in big trouble, like Noriega in Panama and the Egyptian dictator.
  • bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by m88.358win

    If I remember correctly, didn't Obama give his Hollywood friends access to classified material in order to write/produce a movie based on the bin Laden raid? Couple that with the numerous leaks, and you have grounds for impeachment and removal from office.




    No. You do not remember correctly.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 33,011 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another thing that adds to your story FrancF, is that Bush administration officials won't shut up, trying to give Bush credit for that hit.

    "It was due to work done by us, we set the stage for this," etc. etc.

    That all makes sense if, in fact, bin Laden was actually killed 6 years ago.
  • bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    Well I know that bin Laden was on the US side during the Russian War.

    A lot of former US "friends" wind up in big trouble, like Noriega in Panama and the Egyptian dictator.


    How old would he have been during the Russian incursion into Afganastsan?
  • FrancFFrancF Member, Moderator Posts: 35,278 ******
    edited November -1
    Not going to say he was 100% pre-dead, But to take 11 years+ to find one guy suffering from kidney/liver failure in 2000, then they just miraculously find him?

    Where are all his wives they picked up? His sons?
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 33,011 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bin Laden would have been in his young twenties during the Russian Afghan War.
    Which means he would have been over thirty at the end, the Russians beat their head against the wall in that hell hole nearly as long as we have done.

    Like Clint said, we didn't ask the Russians for advice about an Afghan invasion.
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,821
    edited November -1
    And the Russians did not ask advice of the British before them.
  • USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A J Christ
    quote:Originally posted by eastbank
    oboma the blamer just does not like being upstaged by a lowly seal.i wonder what info is on obomas selective service form. don,t you still have to regester? eastbank.


    Probably enlisted scum at that.


    just who the fugg are you calling, "enlisted scum" ?????
  • USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigoutside
    quote:Originally posted by m88.358win

    If I remember correctly, didn't Obama give his Hollywood friends access to classified material in order to write/produce a movie based on the bin Laden raid? Couple that with the numerous leaks, and you have grounds for impeachment and removal from office.




    No. You do not remember correctly.



    YES !! he does remember correctly.., are you drinking the Oscumba kool ade ??

    http://www.allamericanblogger.com/23491/obama-administration-allows-access-to-classified-material-for-hollywood-propaganda-film/


    quote:Obama Administration Allows Access To Classified Material For Hollywood Propaganda Film
    Soon the movie "Zero Dark Thirty" will be in theaters. If you haven'e heard about it, it's a film about the Navy SEAL's attack on Osama bin Laden's Pakistani compound.
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,623 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So it's alright for the Obama administration to leak information?
    By the way, the Obama movie has been put on hold until after the election.

    Controversy erupted last year when New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd wrote that the film was supposed to be released weeks before the November 6 presidential election. The premiere subsequently was put off until after the election, though film trailers have been released by Sony Pictures.

    When the White House Leaks Classified Information to Hollywood

    Director Kathryn Bigelow and screenwriter Mark Boal, who are making a movie about the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, got to talk to those directly involved with the raid at a time when the Defense Department was telling everybody to stop talking:

    "
    According to the documents, the filmmakers were granted access to a Navy SEAL captain who was the "planner, operator and commander of SEAL Team Six," which killed bin Laden. In one memo one of the filmmakers says he had a "good meeting with Brennan and McDonough" and says "they were forward leaning, sharing their point of view on command and control."

    John Brennan is the president's chief counterterrorism adviser, and Denis McDonough is deputy national security adviser.

    In putting the filmmakers together with the SEAL Team Six commander on the raid, Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence Michael Vickers writes in one document, "The only thing I ask is that you not reveal his name in any way . because he shouldn't be talking out of school."
    spn05j5e04xq.gif


    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,200 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RugerNiner

    So it's alright for the Obama administration to leak information?
    By the way, the Obama movie has been put on hold until after the election.

    Controversy erupted last year when New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd wrote that the film was supposed to be released weeks before the November 6 presidential election. The premiere subsequently was put off until after the election, though film trailers have been released by Sony Pictures.

    When the White House Leaks Classified Information to Hollywood

    Director Kathryn Bigelow and screenwriter Mark Boal, who are making a movie about the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, got to talk to those directly involved with the raid at a time when the Defense Department was telling everybody to stop talking:

    "
    According to the documents, the filmmakers were granted access to a Navy SEAL captain who was the "planner, operator and commander of SEAL Team Six," which killed bin Laden. In one memo one of the filmmakers says he had a "good meeting with Brennan and McDonough" and says "they were forward leaning, sharing their point of view on command and control."

    John Brennan is the president's chief counterterrorism adviser, and Denis McDonough is deputy national security adviser.

    In putting the filmmakers together with the SEAL Team Six commander on the raid, Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence Michael Vickers writes in one document, "The only thing I ask is that you not reveal his name in any way . because he shouldn't be talking out of school."


    Give Hollywood access to the top brass but those guys at the bottom shouldn't talk. Sounds like a conspiracy in the making.
Sign In or Register to comment.