In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cubs, Bears, and Cards

CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
edited October 2006 in General Discussion
Watched the World Series. Father-in-Law was up from St. Louis and Mrs Plaid is always a Cards fan. Heard Jack Buck say it has been a long time sine Card fans had a reason to rejoice aa Championship.

GIVE ME A BREAK!

Chicago fans are STILL rejoicing the 1985 Superbowl victory! 23 years ain't nothing. Talk to me when it's been 50 years since the last championship.

I also noticed they let a bunch of horses run around in Busch stadium. This might be the reason for the Cards success. Perhaps the Cubs should reconsider in letting one little goat into Wrigley Field.

Heck, bring in an Afgan shepherd and a whole herd of goats!

Comments

• Options
    Jeepgod2002Jeepgod2002 Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish i could hear Jack Buck
  • Options
    cacti25cacti25 Member Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe that was Joe Buck, Go Cardinals 2006 World Champs.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jack-Joe whoever whatever
    I don't hear him enough to remember the difference.
    Besides, I'm in a rant here.
  • Options
    bigal125bigal125 Member Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, while you're on a rant, how DID those Cubbies do this past year? What's that phrase I always hear, that I've heard so many times before? Oh yeah, ......"there's always NEXT year!"

Sheesh! [;)][:0][;)]

Congratulations to the 2006 St. Louis Cardinals baseball team, World Series champions!

Big Al (who wishes he could find his Lou Brock autographed glove from way back then)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So what does it hurt to let a few goats run around the stadium before a game?

They let those dang horses in Busch Stadium.

I would be a good per stunt.
    It could be the new unoffical mascot.