In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

One result of Palin's joining the ticket.

DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Tried to make a contribution to the McCain campaign but the site is too busy. So many people donating money the site is overwhelmed.
....................................................................................................
Too old to live...too young to die...

Comments

• Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wonder if their giving nudies away of her to up the donations[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Easy. All her camp has to say is "it's photoshopped". That will end it. Joe
  • Options
    shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
    edited November -1
    She is a babe, she is a hunter and shooter, she is a fisherman, she love Jesus and is pro-life, and she is young.

Nuff said.
  • Options
    SturmgewehrSturmgewehr Member Posts: 4,420
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shooter4
    She is a babe, she is a hunter and shooter, she is a fisherman, she love Jesus and is pro-life, and she is young.

Nuff said.
    +1 [;)]
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    Because McCain accepted public money to run his campaign today is the last day that donations can be taken. Hence, the lines will be very busy.
  • Options
    charlie15charlie15 Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bet bill clinton when he seen mccain's vp choice has decided to switch parties! [:D][^][;)][:p][8)][:)][:I]
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    And she has 5 kids, the youngest of which has Down Syndrome. That will make her especially attractive to parents of disabled children.
  • Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She Is a shooter and a Snowmobiler. That wins my vote
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,470 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    she might even be able to beat Obama at basketball
  • Options
    dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    Check out this website, dedicated to Palin...
    she is a VPilf!! Lots of great pics.

http://www.vpilf.com/
  • Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    and she was born in Idaho
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,732 ******
    edited November -1
    Doesn't this thread belong in Politics? Just askin'.
  • Options
    jon ojon o Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I heard that Mcain has a large desk and a box of cigars.[;)]
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jon o

You plan on letting him use them on you?

Sarah is not a Monica.
  • Options
    wartigerwartiger Member Posts: 3,861
    edited November -1
    I have no problem with her being VP. She is hot, a shooter and seems to have common sense!
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by aglore
    quote:Originally posted by jon o

You plan on letting him use them on you?

Sarah is not a Monica.
    Nope, Monica more resembles Shamu than Sarah.
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was afraid she might be a Harriet Miers, but Palin is energizing the base, which McNasty was unable to do, plus she is in position to sway swing voters.

Heck ECC might even like her.

SHe still hasn't really opened her mouth yet.

Bidden has opened his mouth way too many times.
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jimdeere- Of course it belongs in politics but it was made clear to me some time ago that the rules are merely suggestions so like everyone else I don't pay much attention.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid
    I was afraid she might be a Harriet Miers, but Palin is energizing the base, which McNasty was unable to do, plus she is in position to sway swing voters.

Heck ECC might even like her.

SHe still hasn't really opened her mouth yet.

Bidden has opened his mouth way too many times.
    Uh uh. Harriet Meiers was a lousy choice, even to conservatives, and that was picked up right away.

The BEST thing about Palin is, right now, the Dumbocrats are in a tizzy throwing as much crap against the wall as possible about her, with their #1 reason for her being a bad choice as, "She is inexperienced and not ready to be POTUS."

When your best argument against the other candidate is the reason why you should not vote for your own candidate, it means your campaign is essentially over.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,451 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:
    The BEST thing about Palin is, right now, the Dumbocrats are in a tizzy throwing as much crap against the wall as possible about her, with their #1 reason for her being a bad choice as, "She is inexperienced and not ready to be POTUS."
    Yep, if she does nothing else but cause some liberals to soil their clothing she's a winner in my book.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,732 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doc
    jimdeere- Of course it belongs in politics but it was made clear to ma some time ago that the rules are merely suggestions so like everyone else I don't pay much attention.

Just raggin' on ya' a little, there, big fella.
    All politicians have their "people". I'm wondering who Ms. Palin's people are and their capabilities.
    If McCain gets elected and if he cannot serve out his full term, would there be a power vacuum as a result? I don't study such things, but seems like this could be problem.
  • Options
    tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    heck ,now i,d vote for her for president just for meaness, seems to be more down to earth than any other [;)][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jimdeere
    quote:Originally posted by Doc
    jimdeere- Of course it belongs in politics but it was made clear to ma some time ago that the rules are merely suggestions so like everyone else I don't pay much attention.

Just raggin' on ya' a little, there, big fella.
    All politicians have their "people". I'm wondering who Ms. Palin's people are and their capabilities.
    If McCain gets elected and if he cannot serve out his full term, would there be a power vacuum as a result? I don't study such things, but seems like this could be problem.
    The short answer is, "No." In a worst-case scenario, the "power" remains in place. There will be no more of a power vacuum than there is any other time the keys to the Executive Washroom changes hands.

Unless the VP wanted to shake up the cabinet (which is always a possibility), the underlying power structure remains the same.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Strange, the conservative base doesn't fear McCain's death as an old man. It's more like we would welcome it.
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    I've stated that I would not vote for McCain. Previous to Sarah Palin I would have voted for Putin before either McCain or Obama knowing that my vote was futile.

Things have changed. I now consider the ticket to be Palin/McCain. McCain is 72 years old and my hope is that he will become irrelevant before he does any major damage to the US.

Palin, on the other hand, is young, honest, energetic, tough, and female. She understands and supports the Constitution as written, she understands the sanctity of life, she's not afraid to get her hands dirty from real work, and she's smart. Oh... She's also easy on the eyes.

Whether Palin eventually ascends to POTUS, or whether she remains VP, I see nothing but good things for the nation. Most of the world's leaders are male and married. Whether you be Putin, Castro, or any other, you still have to come home to the woman of the house.

Now, the woman of your house is going to have a very big effect on the quality of your life. Irritate her and domestic issues will soon overshadow world issues. Mistreat a fellow female (Palin) thereby irritating one's domestic partner may well be more frightening than contemplating a world war.

And just how might a powerful male such as Putin deal with someone such as Sarah Palin? She's much too smart to be lead. Lie to her and you're a fool. Threaten her and you're a bully. And all the time you must remember that your wife will be well aware that Sarah is very easy to look at. One false move and your next war will be when you arrive back home... And you'll loose.

So I endorse the Palin/McCain ticket with the expectation that the old man will gracefully step aside shortly after he ascends to office and leave the nation with someone I can respect and mostly agree with.[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid
    Strange, the conservative base doesn't fear McCain's death as an old man. It's more like we would welcome it.
    Considering that the conservative base doesn't like or trust McCain, I wonder why you consider what you've said "strange" [:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Palin is receiving the Colin Powell/Fred Thompson effect.

Voters are hoping she is everything they want her to be, but she hasn't opened her mouth.

Having said that, I like what I see.

I still have 1 question.

What will ECC do?

Does Palin sway him?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    With the hurricane, this convention could be the Sarah Palin show. McCain cannot look llike he's having a political good time while New Orleans is being hit with a hurricane. I know, there is nothing McCain can do, but the leftists are going to make a lot of political fodder if McNasty is in St. Paul while NOLA is flooding.

Maybe McNasty should go down there and beat the crap out of Mayor Nagin for failing to properly prepare in the last three years and walk away.