In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

It's the little memory losses that hurt

dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Sandy and I have always loved song birds, and one of our favorites is the Mocking Bird.

Early this morning we were sitting out back drinking coffee and listening to one sitting atop the neighbors roof just singing away.

It brought back a memory of a motorcycle vacation we took. We were camped out in Northern Arkansas and had made some coffee on the campfire. We sat for at least two hours listening to two Mocking Birds singing to each other. Sandy even refused to start packing up because she was enjoying it so much and sat there and smiled the whole time she watched them.

We've talked about that time ever since and it was always one of her favorite memories. As we listened this morning, I recalled that time and how much she loved that morning.

She couldn't remember it. Had no clue or no memory at all. Strokes are a cruel thing![V]

At least we were making new memories this morning![^]

Comments

• PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's sad, I'm sorry to hear that.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley
    Sandy and I have always loved song birds, and one of our favorites is the Mocking Bird.

Early this morning we were sitting out back drinking coffee and listening to one sitting atop the neighbors roof just singing away.

It brought back a memory of a motorcycle vacation we took. We were camped out in Northern Arkansas and had made some coffee on the campfire. We sat for at least two hours listening to two Mocking Birds singing to each other. Sandy even refused to start packing up because she was enjoying it so much and sat there and smiled the whole time she watched them.

We've talked about that time ever since and it was always one of her favorite memories. As we listened this morning, I recalled that time and how much she loved that morning.

She couldn't remember it. Had no clue or no memory at all. Strokes are a cruel thing![V]

At least we were making new memories this morning![^]

Amen...I pray that God continues to restore her mind.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,871 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I pray Sandy continues to improve Heff.
  • RadarRadar Member Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope you share many more songs.
  • Norman DogNorman Dog Member Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Strokes are a cruel thing!
    Yes they are. Some worse than others.

At least we were making new memories this morning!
    Good for you both! That is a great outlook, keep it up!
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heff- things that mess with your mind are more cruel than things that mess with the body. My lady has an irreversible condition that causes the central nervous system to break down. We know what the final outcome will be- and can accept that. It's what it does to you in the meantime that is so hard to deal with. Best wishes and plenty of mockingbirds to you both-
    11B