In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

what glue for butt plate

savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,504 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
took a freind trap shooting today and was letting them use my model 11 and she didn't get it sit in the gunrack all the way and it fell on the buttplate breaking it in 3 pieces have a new one coming from Numrich but would like to save orginal if possible

Comments

• hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by savage170
    took a freind trap shooting today and was letting them use my model 11 and she didn't get it sit in the gunrack all the way and it fell on the buttplate breaking it in 3 pieces have a new one coming from Numrich but would like to save orginal if possible

I use gorrilla glue on everything i can. But it there isnt a way to clamp it i dont think you will want to use it. it expands but is some of the toughest stuff i have used.
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Acra-Glass! If you melt holes in it at the breaks and use paper clips to strengthen the joint it is great. Used it in gunsmith school to replace a piece that was lost and it turned out surprisingly good.

Lance
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    super glue...if it cracked around/through the screw holes ...forget it...
  • slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    you siadf butt!
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,504 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    screw holes are fine broke over the access hole for stock screw. another stupid quesrion I have a limb saver that is very close to fitting will it hurt the cycling being that it uses recoil to cycle the action
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by savage170
    screw holes are fine broke over the access hole for stock screw. another stupid quesrion I have a limb saver that is very close to fitting will it hurt the cycling being that it uses recoil to cycle the action

Nope, it will be fine.

Lance
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,504 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Acra-Glass is good stuff- but I am partial to JB Weld. Think that stuff can fix a broken promise!