In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Army deserters kill local pastor..

LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/21824504.html

wow..I hope these two get whats coming to them..scumbags..[:(!][:(!][:(!]..Loko..wow 33 people/looking and no comment..hmmmm..sad..

Comments

• Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree 100%,.......military service does not matter.
    They are white trash, and I hope they get what is coming to them also![xx(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a feeling that West Virginia will see to it that justice is served, but I believe they have abolished Capital Punishment in their state!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    they were talking on the news like the Army is going to step in..and take over the investigation or prosecution of these two low life ,POS MFs..[:(!][:(!]..Leavenworth is too good for these two..IMHO..Loko
  • Options
    mongrel1776mongrel1776 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "No comment" in this case means it goes without saying (or should) -- these two are the drizzly discharge from the rectal orifice of the universe, and should accordingly be wiped and flushed.

Their military service, however prolonged or brief it might have been, is irrelevant to the above. The military, being comprised of human beings, will have its share of losers -- but the fact these two were AWOL indicates that they themselves had on some level understood that fact to apply to them.
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301

+1
  • Options
    ww2buff9067ww2buff9067 Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe I'm wrong, but if the Army lists them as deserters and they get caught, don't they go to the gallows for desertion in time of war?
  • Options
    bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't hold your breath waiting for that.
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    This will be dealt with by the W. Virginia criminal justice system.

As related, the only crime they've committed where the military has jurisdiction is desertion. Whether the UCMJ allows for it or not, they definitely wouldn't receive the death penalty for that.
  • Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Loko
    Have been following that story. Am glad to see that they got caught. Only funny thing about the entire story is the guys were caught mainly due to Mohawk haircut that one of the scums was sporting..

I may be wrong. But was thinking that any type of AWOL was considered desertion when the country had declared a state of war or National emergency and different laws applied. Which could lead to the death penalty. Either way. By the Military or WV. It will be a long time before they step outside of any prison walls.

Another thing I do not know if it applies to a case like this or not. But if a person commits a crime in another state. Samantha Burns (google the name for the story) for example who was killed in Huntington a few years ago and her body was never recovered. Any ways my point. The guys that killed her were tried, convicted and sentenced to life in WV. Then they went to NC and were put on trial there for murder of a woman down there. I do not know how long of a term they got for that. But when they complete their sentence in NC they get to come to WV and spend the rest of there lives in our states big house. With murder being a more server crime than being AWOL. Could they not be tried for the murder here in WV and then sent to be tried for the AWOL charges at a later date?
    =========================

The Paster was killed at the Beech Fork gun range. He was believed to have been shot with one of his own guns (he had two or three missing) and the one that he was killed with is still missing (most likely dumped into Twelve Pole Creek). The investigators found one of them but did not disclose where it was found.

They have been a few guns stolen from that gun range. When the shooter went to change targets or check shot placement. They would come back to find that someone took off with there guns.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301

Their service was that they deserted. That equates to no service to me.

Either way, you murder, you face the charges. I hope they end up a Fort Leavenworth Prison (USDB), not to be confused with Leavenworth Federal Prison. They will get what's coming to them there.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last time I was involved with the process, AWOL for 120 days, you were "dropped from the roles of the US Army" as a deserter. Last execution for desertion was, I believe, a kid in WW II (Slovik?). Having committed a civilian crime, if convicted, would be discharged due to civilian confinement. Had a trainee that was arrested for armed robbery committed before enlistment, convicted, discharged due to civilian confinement. Yeah, think WV gets this pair, not Leavenworth.