In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

scam or not

TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
just a generic email and if it was from Yahoo wouldn't it be addressed to the account holder

Dear Valued user,

Throughout this year there have been numerous cases in the news whereby various high profile companies have had user passwords compromised.

We are currently investigating a security breach whereby some user's login details may have been compromised. We currently have no indication that there has been any unauthorized activity on your account. Protecting our customer's accounts is important to us.

Therefore, as a security precaution Sign in to Yahoo! to upgrade and update your account informations on our mail servers to avoid your account been compromised.

Thank You for Being A Loyal Yahoo! Mail User

Comments

• Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TooBig
    just a generic email and if it was from Yahoo wouldn't it be addressed to the account holder

Dear Valued user,

Throughout this year there have been numerous cases in the news whereby various high profile companies have had user passwords compromised.

We are currently investigating a security breach whereby some user's login details may have been compromised. We currently have no indication that there has been any unauthorized activity on your account. Protecting our customer's accounts is important to us.

Therefore, as a security precaution Sign in to Yahoo! to upgrade and update your account informations on our mail servers to avoid your account been compromised.

Thank You for Being A Loyal Yahoo! Mail User

So just sign into your Yahoo account not the one they sent you and just check everything out. If nothing else just change your password.
    No harm no fowl, how ever when ever they send me something at least my first name appears. So to answer your question it could very well be a scam.[;)]
  • Options
    xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    They always use my first name... Delete..
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes delete and change all passwords- and for gods sake don't just recycle passwords create all new ones.
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    I noticed this in my junk folder today.

An easy litmus...

Who do you know who uses the word "whereby"?

No one.

So it didn't come from anyone you know.

Delete with impunity.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:update your account informations on our mail servers to avoid your account been compromised.

With such fantastic grammar, how could you possibly doubt (that it is from someone in Nigeria)

Scam.