In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I'm a pen thief....

Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
As promised, our next episode of the ongoing saga with my ex-coworker...

My boss showed up at the office today, and she informs me I am to stand down regarding any claim to my office space in the school. Again, I was shocked and asked why.

Apparently, my boss and her boss had a talk about this situation on Friday. My boss reported to her supervisor that ex-coworker in question apparently accused me of stealing her pens when I had use of the office last Tuesday.

"Pens...", I said, "Margaret, why would I...steal...pens?"

She said she knows I didn't take them. The "office space" is really an annex to the supply closet, and likely some faculty went in looking for supplies, saw a nice bunch of pens, and kifed them, but so long as ex-coworker is going to make an issue out of it, I am going to be her accused.

So, it is the considered opinion of my boss and her supervisor that I should quit claim to the "office," and find another place to meet with my clients. The reasoning being that if she is petty and under-handed enough to make a low-life claim like I stole her pens, there is no telling what she might accuse me of next, what will be the next thing I get accused of pinching, or breaking into her files, or breeches of confidentiality, etc...

I had to agree with her. We talked about this at length, I expressed my frustration, and she agreed, and said that this was partly her fault, but that at this point, there was nothing she could do about it. I asked her whether she had the sort of relationship with this woman that she felt comfortable just honestly saying to her "You know, you're acting like a real *..." I said I thought that was kind of sad, and she agreed, but ex is just that sort of person, you don't argue with her, you don't contradict her, it's her way or not at all. I said I though this was sad. She agreed.

So, at this point, as much as I would like to rip into her and tell her what a d-bag I think she is being, I think it best to just back off, do my job, and let that speak for itself. And smile. I think it would pizz her off to no end to think I just don't give a damn.

Comments

• The Ultimate InfidelThe Ultimate Infidel Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Slander is compensable. Sounds like you have all the proof you would need.
  • NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    I have always found that being extra nice to people like that get really pissed. They have, want, and need drama in their lives. If you dont play their game that is what really gets them pissed [}:)]
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i would steal her pens now, hey if accused!
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sounds like your bosses got no balls...if i was accused of theft i would all over her slimy .....till some where i got satisfaction.....if she gets away with this you are now her official whipping bag....enjoy...no job is worth an unfounded stain on my character
  • dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    you`ve let her get away with walking over you once, she will always do it now.

much better to have it out with her once and for all.
    i reckon she will go out of her way to make your life miserable now.....keep us updated. as a prediction i reckon within two weeks you will be ready to explode...be interesting to see.
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    Give us her email address, home address, phone number. We promise not to do anything malicious, just good clean fun. I'll never tell.
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Since we share some clients, I'm just thinking at the next school meeting we are in together, which will be next week, I'll lose my pen, and ask her if she might have "picked it up."
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Make it an expensive one.. [:D][:D] Something along the line of a 14 K Cross..
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I hate working with people.

I prefer a dog.
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    quote:i would steal her pens now,

+1
    and I would do it again next week, and the week after, and......
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 26,024 ******
    edited November -1
    Tell your boss that you feel that you are in a hostile work environment. If she does not document your complaint and take action, like Laundry Pro says, it's compensable. How will you like the view from your (ex) bosses' office?
    Will you then edictate "Casual Friday's"?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jimdeere
    Tell your boss that you feel that you are in a hostile work environment. If she does not document your complaint and take action, like Laundry Pro says, it's compensable. How will you like the view from your (ex) bosses' office?
    Will you then edictate "Casual Friday's"?

A valid consideration. I have no designs on moving up in the agency. I like my job, I just want the freedom to do it.

I have to wonder, though, whether my boss is aware that slander is compensable, if not for my own personal gain, for the reputation of the agency, as I am a representative of such?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rcrxs old lady

My boss showed up at the office today, and she informs me I am to stand down regarding any claim to my office space in the school. Again, I was shocked and asked why.

Apparently, my boss and her boss had a talk about this situation on Friday. My boss reported to her supervisor that ex-coworker in question apparently accused me of stealing her pens when I had use of the office last Tuesday.

She said she knows I didn't take them. The "office space" is really an annex to the supply closet, and likely some faculty went in looking for supplies, saw a nice bunch of pens, and kifed them, but so long as ex-coworker is going to make an issue out of it, I am going to be her accused.

So, it is the considered opinion of my boss and her supervisor that I should quit claim to the "office," and find another place to meet with my clients. The reasoning being that if she is petty and under-handed enough to make a low-life claim like I stole her pens, there is no telling what she might accuse me of next, what will be the next thing I get accused of pinching, or breaking into her files, or breeches of confidentiality, etc...

I had to agree with her. We talked about this at length, I expressed my frustration, and she agreed, and said that this was partly her fault, but that at this point, there was nothing she could do about it. I asked her whether she had the sort of relationship with this woman that she felt comfortable just honestly saying to her "You know, you're acting like a real *..." I said I thought that was kind of sad, and she agreed, but ex is just that sort of person, you don't argue with her, you don't contradict her, it's her way or not at all. I said I though this was sad. She agreed.

So, at this point, as much as I would like to rip into her and tell her what a d-bag I think she is being, I think it best to just back off, do my job, and let that speak for itself. And smile. I think it would pizz her off to no end to think I just don't give a damn.

Huh..... I thought your BOSS was the push over....
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya know, I'd bet you could sell some of these episodes you post here as a real life soap opera; the major networks would probably jump on them!!!![:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    Ya know, I'd bet you could sell some of these episodes you post here as a real life soap opera; the major networks would probably jump on them!!!![:D]

Nah, more like "Seinfeld"...[:D]
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you should buy about $50-100 worth of cheap pens and put 5-10 of them in and on her desk every day until you run out. If you get the really cheap ones, you can go forever. It'll drive her nuts.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

Huh..... I thought your BOSS was the push over....

What's the alternative? Her boss tells her what my position is to be. I go against her, I'm up against her boss as well.

It doesn't appear to me I have much choice in this matter. I don't have to like it, but I do have to deal with it.

In the meantime, said ex-employee had been given the green-light to return to the agency, should her new position not work out to her liking. Needless to say, that door has been slammed shut.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cce1302
    you should buy about $50-100 worth of cheap pens and put 5-10 of them in and on her desk every day until you run out. If you get the really cheap ones, you can go forever. It'll drive her nuts.

I like that!!!
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a pen thief....

So am I, Better hide your Black and Red "Sharpie" Markers! They all belong to ME!!!!! Moooohhhhaaaaaa[:D]

My beginning of world domination! Next will be "Post it Notes!" The world will be mine!!!!![:D][:o)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF
    I'm a pen thief....

So am I, Better hide your black and Red "Sharpie" Markers! They all belong to ME!!!!! Moooohhhhaaaaaa[:D]

Oh yeah? Well, I'm the reason banks chain their pens to the desks.....[:D]
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Ask her if this is the Spanish Inquisition...

7121816-dac.jpg
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

Ask her if this is the Spanish Inquisition...

7121816-dac.jpg

I'll put her in the comfy chair!
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have a couple of choices, but you have to make a decision first. You have to decide if you're willing to risk your job.

Your supervisor is weak and doesn't want to confront/end conflict. If you decide to take it up with the chain of command, take her with you, or at least make sure she knows who you intend to talk to and what about.

Your other choice is just let it go. If you have the former coworker pegged right, she will eventually hang herself. It takes longer and you don't get the same feeling of satisfaction, but that kind of person always goes too far eventually.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    You have a couple of choices, but you have to make a decision first. You have to decide if you're willing to risk your job.

Your supervisor is weak and doesn't want to confront/end conflict. If you decide to take it up with the chain of command, take her with you, or at least make sure she knows who you intend to talk to and what about.

Your other choice is just let it go. If you have the former coworker pegged right, she will eventually hang herself. It takes longer and you don't get the same feeling of satisfaction, but that kind of person always goes too far eventually.

This is my thinking. My only misgiving is that the short-term will be unpleasant at best. However, sometimes discretion must take precidence over valor.

In any case, I'm going to bed.

Nighty-night, folks!
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be nice, Be sweet. Be understanding.

Duct tape a tuna sandwich to the underside of her desk. Leave town for at least 2 weeks.