In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A touching story

NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
A touching story. One that I felt I must send along. This will warm your heart.
Just when you have lost faith in human kindness. Someone who teaches at a
middle school in Safety Harbor, Florida, forwarded the following letter.
The letter was sent to the principal's office after the school had sponsored
a luncheon for the elderly. An old lady received a new radio at the lunch as a door
prize and was writing to say thank you. This story is a credit to all
humankind. Forward to anyone you know who might need a lift today.

Dear Safety Harbor Middle School:
God bless you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent
senior citizens luncheon. I am 84 years old and live at the Safety
Harbor Assisted Home for the Aged. All of my family has passed away.
I am all alone and I want to thank you for your kindness to an old
forgotten lady. My roommate is 95 and has always had her own radio,
but before I received one, she would never let me listen to hers,
even when she was napping.

The other day her radio fell off the nightstand and broke into a
lot of pieces. It was awful and she was in tears. She asked if she
could listen to mine, and I told her to kiss my *.
Thank you for that opportunity.

Sincerely,
Edna

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Stories about children and their views of the world are always so touching...

A father watched his young daughter playing in the garden. He smiled as he reflected on how sweet and pure his little girl was.

Tears formed in his eyes as he thought about her seeing the wonders of nature through such innocent eyes.

Suddenly she just stopped and stared at the ground. He went over to her to see what work of God had captured her attention.

He noticed she was looking at two spiders mating. 'Daddy, what are those two spiders doing?' she asked. 'They're mating,' her father replied.

'What do you call the spider on top?' she asked. A Daddy Longlegs,' her father answered. 'So, the other one is a Mommy Longlegs?' the little girl asked.

As his heart soared with the joy of such a cute and innocent question he replied, 'No dear. Both of them are Daddy Longlegs.'

'The little girl, looking a little puzzled, thought for a moment, then lifted her foot and stomped them flat.

'Well", she said, "that may be OK in California, but we're not having any of that crap in here in Eastern Oregon."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If this doesn't bring tears to you eyes, I don't know what will! Be sure to read to the end! ENJOY.....

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of life.

As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently, I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper's cemetery in the Nova Scotia back country. As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost and, being a typical man, I didn't stop for directions. I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral director had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight. There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch. I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late. I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn't know what else to do, so I started to play. The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I played like I've never played before for this homeless man. As I played Amazing Grace, the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together.

When I finished, I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. Though my head hung low, my heart was full. As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, "I never seen nothing like that before and I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty years."

Apparently, I'm still lost....it's a man thing.
  • Options
    Blade SlingerBlade Slinger Member Posts: 5,891
    edited November -1
    Frekin caught me good:>)
  • Options
    cranky2cranky2 Member Posts: 3,236 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That was good.