In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

getting spring fever

cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
edited March 2006 in General Discussion
will be soon be starting to plant wheat soon..i hope[:D][8D]

P9290295.jpg

314071282mDObHN_ph.jpg

so hopefully get to run this[:D]

P9110291.jpg

Comments

• Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh! thought you were goin Turkey hunting soon [:D][:p]
  • Options
    Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice.........But spring time means planting a load of #5's upside a Gobblers head!! (Opens April 8th...!!!)
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Options
    dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wheat is a fall planted crop around here, but I was out working on a little tune-up work on the corn planter today. I think I also need to put new blades on the grain drill before I start planting beans. I wouldn't want to have a poor crop and mess up RJ's fears of a Gov. plot about soy and impotence.[:D]
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    dlrjj.....top photo i was planting winter wheat we plant both spring and winter here......little to early here to be thinking about corn yet....guess the guys along the missouri river try to start about the 15th of april though weather permitting
  • Options
    edited November -1
    cowdoc, I'm just getting antsy myself. Corn usually starts around here anytime after the 20th of April that it gets warm and dry enough. Beans start as soon as the corn is done. Last year we had a warm spring that let some guys plant as early as the 15th or so of April, but it turned off cold after that, and many of them wished they had left their seed in the bag a little longer. It's often the 1st of May before we can start.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    dlrjj....where you located at? I am in cent SD
  • Options
    edited November -1
    cowdoc, I'm in north-central Indiana, about 100 miles north of Indy.