In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

OK! $330 Million will be MINE!

slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
edited August 2007 in General Discussion
I just got $20 worth of Mega-Millions tickets! I have a feeling that the $330 million is MINE!

Comments

• Options
    yawarakaiyawarakai Member Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry but we buy $100 at work in our pool.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I got some too on my way back from Atlanta Wednesday, just $5 worth, but at least I have a shot! [:D] I would probably take 1/2 day off from work if I win[:p]
  • Options
    MrOrangeMrOrange Member Posts: 3,012
    edited November -1
    Figger 50% fer taxes, 10% of the remainder seems about right...

So, we can expect a giveaway soon for sumthin worth 16.5 mill?
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck and we look forward to a Browning giveaway..
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thank you guys for donating to my winnings
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    mega.jpg
    [:D][:D][:D]
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All of you guys, are SURE to be "wieners",........oops![:D][8D]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by slipgate
    I just got $20 worth of Mega-Millions tickets! I have a feeling that the $330 million is MINE!

Good luck...but Im still hoping that my measly buck has enough clout to pull an upset!!! But if you happen to win I give the big 2 thumbs up when you drive by in that Hummer!!!!
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lotteries, A tax on the mathematically challenged.
  • Options
    hisbigbootygirlhisbigbootygirl Member Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no!!! it will be myne!!!!!![}:)][}:)][}:)]
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You will be mine booty when I win...I asked for an Illinois little lotto ticket today and OUT POPPED A MEGA-GAME TICKET. The clerk said "How did that happen"? I said it was a gift from the Gods///Thank you and off I WENT.......................nambu
    After taxes[:(!] its about 130 million cash[:(!] I believe.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lotteries are a tax on the stupid and those bad at math.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i will go back to the store i bought my winning ticket at, and the person who sold it to me gets a new American made car {seriously i tell them all that at the time of purchase, and ask what kind they want, i will hold to my claim}

i will have the best give away ever exclusively to gb

nambu that was a defective ticket, as was everyone else's
  • Options
    superliftsuperlift Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    For every dollar I spend on the lottery be it a scratch ticket or Lotto drawing I put the winnings and the same amount spent on the tickets in a savings account. Guess which account has the most money in it!!!!! Good luck to all who are playing!!!
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I went down to the local gas station earlier this evening to get a Gatorade (after mowing the lawn) and the line was out the door for people waiting to buy lottery tickets.[V]
  • Options
    kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    I hope you win but the odds of winning a Lottery are only slightly less than the chances of Larry Craig admitting to what all of us already know. Even with such slim odds I still drop a buck or two every time the pot gets really big (say $50+ million). A couple of years ago when the California Lottery got up into the $150+ million range one of my junior engineers developed a program using MATLAB (a powerful tool for engineering and mathematics) based on applied probability and the resulting numbers were supposed to be SURE WINNERS (right). For the heck of it a few of us at the office kicked in a dollar and our Whiz-Kid (now an associate engineer at my firm) bought Lotto tickets using variations of these MATLAB generated numbers and we all waited anxiously for our big payday. After everything was said and done we ended up with just what you would expect: NOTHING!