In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"Happy Halloween" or "Trick or Treat" ? ?

reload999reload999 Member Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in General Discussion
Has saying "Trick or Treat" been determined not to be politically correct? Perhaps it's racist? Just wondering because some 90% of this evening's candy collectors said "happy halloween" instead of "trick or treat."

Comments

• Options
    Franz?Franz? Member Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How horrible!
    The crooks running the UNICEF scam will have to get new milk cartons to collect change in.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got all "Trick or treat". Less than 20 kids though. We live at the end of a long hill on the cul de sac. I think a lot of parents give up about halfway up the street where there is a section with a bunch of old farts that don't give out candy.... This is otherwise a "target rich environment". When my kids were little I knew where my buddies were that handed out beer or margaritas sometimes even jello shots and BBQ or wings... Now that all our kids are in college we just hang out at the clubhouse usually (But it is closed for remodeling.... (boo!) They literally have the restaurant / bar out int he parking lot under a tent until they are done...
  • Options
    ZinderblocZinderbloc Member Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I noticed a lot more "Happy Halloween" last night, but "Trick or Treat" still has a solid majority in my neighborhood.
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Haven't you heard the new PC rules?

Saying "Trick or Treat" can be viewed as

1. A threat of violence

2. An act of extortion

[:p]