In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Of course their will be a Ban, and then more

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
What is baffling is that we have over 5 million AR-15's in the USA and only a dozen or so have been used by evil people to commit these awful acts.

That is less than 1/100% of all the AR-15s in America being used for evil.

And yet....

Daily the left is out protesting at every statehouse, they are lined up at the Whitehouse, sending Emails to any organization even loosely associated with firearms and threatening to boycott businesses they never even used, Hell even Dicks Sporting goods (which I never cared for)is jumping in saying we are no longer selling "assault rifles", every news channel and news paper is harking the Gun control mantra, I have yet to see one newscast showing a million, or thousands or hundreds or even a few dozen supporters standing around the statehouse with signs, much less standing outside knotheads encouraging boycotts.

I see our 2nd Amendment right being pulled right out from under us, and further erosion of American principles and values will continue to follow that.

How can they lose with no noise from the right? I know most of us have to work and can't find time to protest etc. but the silence is deafening and the legislators are hearing one side loud and a whimper from the other side.

I think it is much closer then we care to acknowledge, in one maybe two election cycles anyone owning a "assault weapon" unregistered or already confiscated will be a felon.

My 2 cents, I hope I am wrong.
Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give the DEMOCRAT party the presidency and congress, all semi autos will be banned after the first congress.

There is also a good chance DEMOCRATs will demand they be turned in as well.
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    This country has never had a mass execution of politicians...yet...but if they keep stepping on toes some redneck militant group might just take a stab at it. The only reason the terrorists havent tried it is because the realized if they leave politicians alone the US will eventually self destruct.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe that most of these demonstrations are instigated by Russia's Internet Research Service. This is exactly the kind of disruption they are paid for!

Neal

"I may be paranoid, but that doesn't mean that they aren't out to get me."
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    When the crack of the door is open for banning , more will follow. There is more to the picture than meets the eye. There are folks.. George Soros ..included who are trying to corrupt this govt. I have no doubt it is all the way to the judicial dept. It would be no surprise to me that some of these shootings are set up with intent to corrupt our system. Chaos keeps folks upset. No surprise within the next few weeks another major shooting will take place. Just the verification the anti's need to get the ban done.

It wouldn't be the first, and won't be the last. I say follow the money. I would be willing to bet if you put the screws to some of these people, they would roll over on their puppet masters. The problem is that the puppet masters have been working behind the scenes for so long, they control every aspect of the government, media and politicians all the way to Trump.
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Has NOTHING to do with guns. It's ALL payback.
    It's the steaming pile of s*** democraps paying us off for not voting for them.
  • Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "What is baffling is that we have over 5 million AR-15's in the USA and only a dozen or so have been used by evil people to commit these awful acts."

There's gotta be way over five million in the U.S. New York State estimates between 1.5 and 3 million in New York State alone..since Cuomo pushed through the SAFE Act several years ago, only app. 60,000 have been registered with the State Police....its an embarrassing dirty little secret that the Governor doesn't talk about.

A national ban and or registry would be like eating an elephant...where do they start ..

Besides...if the good people of the U.S. react like the folks in New York State...a true hot bed of Liberalism....the government could have a huge crisis on its hands..a good reason for the naive Left not to push too hard.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The good people of this country been getting the short end for decades by gov overreach and taxes. George Soros and other sponsors of unrest have been pushing the people around with thier left wing propaganda and paying traitors to wreck havoc.

Banning certain guns and disarming the decent taxpayers while supporting illegals and buying votes for democrats is the agenda. The left wing will do anything to promote the tyranny of higher taxes and railroad working people as virtual slaves.

Allowing this and other bans will only snowball to total removal of the 2nd amendment.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,389 ******
    edited November -1
    What if every god fearing, 2nd amendment supporting gun owner decided to just load their weapon of choice, take aim at a safe target at a specific time all over the country and fire a round that would be heard around the world!

Now that would mark a protest of great magnitude and let all of those loud anti's know that WE DO HAVE A VOICE!
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,332 ******
    edited November -1
    tv4Xd8kl.jpg
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    rambo rebelrambo rebel Member Posts: 4,028
    edited November -1
    another "well timed" shooting a couple months before next presidential election will seal it for the dems. then there are the midterms coming up.

so all hi-cap mags will be worthless/priceless

roll them bones baby, we are about to get our E-tickets punched.

"after the first one, the rest are free"
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump is on the air now talking about universal background checks. This SOB is going to cave in...hell he is promoting it. Get ready for the Toomey-Manchin bill to come back. He JUST said he approves of raising the age to buy an AR15 to 21. You guys that swore he would never infringe on the 2nd Amendment are you now still supporting this *? And you can?t keep saying ?But Hillary would have been worse!? .....I find either one equally disgusting.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    Trump is on the air now talking about universal background checks. This SOB is going to cave in...hell he is promoting it. Get ready for the Toomey-Manchin bill to come back. He JUST said he approves of raising the age to buy an AR15 to 21. You guys that swore he would never infringe on the 2nd Amendment are you now still supporting this *? And you can?t keep saying ?But Hillary would have been worse!? .....I find either one equally disgusting.

The difference is that Hillary would not have gotten it through a GOP Congress, where Trump just might.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don?t trust the Republicans either..hell we had 6 Republican State Senators here in Washington who voted to ban bumpstocks this week.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It will be universal background checks and a minimum of 21 to buy any gun. The NRA will be complicit in this guaranteed. Trumps spouting off bs about gun free zones but in the same breath saying not to add CCW Reciprocity to anything because it won?t pass unless it?s on it own....the stand alone bill isn?t even being voted on. He JUST said take a persons guns without due process FIRST and then they go to court to prove their fitness to own a gun.....WTH! This guy is a traitor to the Constitution.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    It will be universal background checks and a minimum of 21 to buy any gun. The NRA will be complicit in this guaranteed. Trumps spouting off bs about gun free zones but in the same breath saying not to add CCW Reciprocity to anything because it won?t pass unless it?s on it own....the stand alone bill isn?t even being voted on. He JUST said take a persons guns without due process FIRST and then they go to court to prove their fitness to own a gun.....WTH! This guy is a traitor to the Constitution.

It was obvious during the campaign that Trump had never read the Constitution, or if he did, he never took the time to understand anything about it.

He said he would take care of bump-stocks, and the Congress need not worry about them.

He and Sessions are big fans of asset forfeiture, so there should be no surprise in the take now and ask questions later approach.

He remains an emotion driven child, and seems to now be thinking about taking on the role of benevolent tyrant. If he does what he says he wants to do, and this goes through, I think I will donate to Maxine Water's 'Impeach 45' campaign.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Feinstein just said you can go into any gun store in the country and buy a Tec 9. Very interesting considering Intratec went out of business in 2001[:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    In case you couldn?t listen to the broadcast

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/article202680664.html

Are we still winning?
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't see many comments from the usual Trump worshipers.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    As Trump said, any changes will have to be in a bill formulated by and passed by both houses of Congress.

We KNOW how lame congress is so ...... could be lots of hot air blown around again and nothing will happen 'cause if congress can't pass anything, the President can't sign it.

[:0]

He literally said he will direct the AG to regulate bumpstocks....that opens the doors wide open. It was wrong when Obama did that crap and it?s wrong for Trump to do it. Regulation by fiat is what little tyrants do.
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The reason that the Left is heard so clearly is that the media who can promote and cover what happens would never give the same amount of air time to a pro gun rally or march.

As you said most of us work and cannot take time off to drive or fly to DC to stage a march. Yes we can and have held rallies in our states/towns, but if I live in a gun friendly state that does not mean as much as it would in NYC or DC.

I can also see a backlash against a pro gun rally or march. It requires a permit to assemble. NYC and DC would probably quash that idea and state that it was done because they "have intel" that it was going to turn violent.

We as gun owners write our supposed representatives. Some listen to us because they are like us. Others know they do not have to worry about those of us in the rural parts of their states (CA, NY, IL) because they are elected by the liberals that live in the urban sprawl. Our complaints mean nothing to them.