In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"Custom" Marlin 1895 Guide...

medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
Saw this posted (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=309051693)

Description says laminate was 'custom stained" black and has paracord lever wrap and XS Lever Rail...and the rifle alone is $1299 from the factory without the "customization".

So it looks like my ABL (GBL with black laminate instead of brown and barrel still stamped GBL as ABL is just for Accusport special run) with the XS Lever rail installed and paracord on the lever.

ABL - New $600
XS Lever Rail - $150 with sights
Paracord wrap - $5
Bottom line - $755

Starting at $899

Am I missing something?

Comments

• Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by medic07
    Saw this posted (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=309051693)

Description says laminate was 'custom stained" black and has paracord lever wrap and XS Lever Rail...and the rifle alone is $1299 from the factory without the "customization".

So it looks like my ABL (GBL with black laminate instead of brown and barrel still stamped GBL as ABL is just for Accusport special run) with the XS Lever rail installed and paracord on the lever.

ABL - New $600
    XS Lever Rail - $150 with sights
    Paracord wrap - $5
    Bottom line - $755

Starting at $899

Am I missing something?

At the very least $144.00! [:D]

1895's are great rifles, but not in the $1300 range by any stretch. [;)]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Do you expect a lower price from a TEXAS dealer [}:)][:)]

A GBL goes new for aroung $550 or less [;)]
    They just added the rail and XS sights and stained the stock and lever wrap.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Mus'be some HI-DOLLAR para cord!!
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DCS I am not even sure the dealer stained the wood.

Marlin/Remington (Marlington) makes an ABL (marked GBL on barrel) with factory black laminate.

Basically added the lever rail and paracord. He must have gotten taken by the "craftsman" who wrapped that lever for him at about $50 per minute. [:D]