In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone had Lyme disease?

SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
How long does the fever last?

Bite detected Saturday a week, fever started Wednesday,
the "ring" was seen Friday, antibiotics started Sunday.

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,257 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck I hope you have caught it in time.
    It can be a real bear.
  • Options
    SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks.

How long does the fever last?

The interested party has had an up/down/up fever for six days.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My mom has had Lyme for over 20 years. It is nothing to mess around with. They can cure it if you catch it in time but as in my moms' case it took a long time to figure out what the problem was. Even after all this time she still has one huge "bug" attack every year (that puts her flat on her back and causes a bunch of problems) and they have to put her on one of the most potent antibiotics made and hope that the "Bugs" have not built up an immunity to it.

I am not sure how long the fever lasts but I will check with her tonight. Did they have the lesion? That is one of the most telling signs and the first to notice.
  • Options
    cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BHAVIN
    My mom has had Lyme for over 20 years. It is nothing to mess around with. They can cure it if you catch it in time but as in my moms' case it took a long time to figure out what the problem was. Even after all this time she still has one huge "bug" attack every year (that puts her flat on her back and causes a bunch of problems) and they have to put her on one of the most potent antibiotics made and hope that the "Bugs" have not built up an immunity to it.

I am not sure how long the fever lasts but I will check with her tonight. Did they have the lesion? That is one of the most telling signs and the first to notice.
    Lesion ? Please explain this BHAVIN, i work in the woods.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Okay, the fever can last from 2 weeks to 1 month. Flu like symptoms. Antibiotics need to be started within the month. Anitbiotics should be taken for 1 month 2 weeks is not enough. I am not a Dr. but this is extensive research that my mom has done.

Cahas, A Lesion (also called a bullseye) is a red round or oval patch around the bite mark usually a couple of inches around or across. It is a confirmation leaving no doubt that Lyme is present. The Lesion usually lasts 2-4 weeks.

Here is a great Lyme website that has good info.

http://www.autoimmunityresearch.org/lyme-disease/
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I have a place on me that a tick was attached and removed. I don't have a bullseye but do have a welt and it itches like crazy I have had this since the week after Memorial Day weekend. Anyone have any suggestions on this one?
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    I have a place on me that a tick was attached and removed. I don't have a bullseye but do have a welt and it itches like crazy I have had this since the week after Memorial Day weekend. Anyone have any suggestions on this one?
    Thanks in advance.

I have the exact same thing, i removed a deer tick after work one day [i wrote down day and have it in locker at work]. This was about 3 wks ago. Is not the bulls eye indicating lyme, but a small bump at the bite area, it still itches some days. Been using calomine lotion to keep the itch away. I guess the tick damaged the layers of skin and bacteria from the nasty critter inflammed the area and it just takes time to heal.
  • Options
    tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    i had it when i was 16 the fever lasted 2 weeks and it would come back around the same time every year for about 4 years tehn after that i have not had any problems for about 17 years now
    but it would get me down so much that about evey six weeks and i would have to take a gama-g shot to up my immunity.