In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

stolen guns

tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
edited January 2009 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I recently had all my guns stolen and wanted to let everyone i could know about it so thought this would be a good place to list it It is also posted on my friends website deertexas.com

Make Model Cal Serial #
    Colt AR-15 A2 Sporter 223 SP323634
    Smith & Wesson 640 38 Special CEN1804
    Remington 870 Express Mag 12G B758823M
    Ruger Super Red Hawk 44 Mag 50070295
    w/2X Burris Scope
    Bennelli Super Black Eagle 12G U129759
    Franchi 620VS Youth 20G HH09301
    Rifles INC/Winchester 70 300 Win Mag SN-B6500455
    Remington Nylon 66 22
    Remington 700 204 S6507329
    SKB 1900 12G 89DU0974
    Marlin 389 22 Dart Gun 94655905
    Colt Defender 45Auto DRO1193
    Winchester 94 30/30
    Heritage 1160 22 Pistol F36875
    Thanks
    Brad
  • Options
    edited November -1
    meanies broke in & stole 2 i didnt have in safe.

# 1 -- winchester model 12 , 12 ga. ser # 149097

# 2 -- marlin 12 ga bolt action ser # 26602941. has a custom 36 in long x 1 1/8 inch dia. barrel no marking on barrel.weights close to 20 pounds

if anyone happens to run across these please contact maryland state police at 410-749-3101.

thank you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rifle Mikes and a few others who have gone through this process of having a stolen gun , that has been traced back to them as being sold to someone ,and they in turn bought it from someone. All not knowing it was stolen except for maybe the original thief. Do you think each person is responsible to reimburse the person they sold it to? without receiving compensation for it themselves? What about insurance collected on it. I think if the original owner collected on it,and can be verified through insurance company the current owner should be given ownership, unless its a sentimental gun that the original owner buys back with the insurance money payoff value only.

To me its a gray area when no insurance was payed off as to who is responsible for the money exchanged for gun, lets say through 3 or 4 different owners since it was stolen, except for the thief if he can be caught then owes reimbursment of course of all costs associated with the sale of the weapon
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was notified a few weeks ago that a rifle I had sold was stolen. I bought the gun from a local dealer and sold it to a shop I do Gunsmithing for. They were in the process of selling it to one of thier customers and the sale was halted. The local police came and picked it up. The shop I bought it from had sold it once and bought it back then I bought it. I do not understand why no flags came up on the original sale of this rifle. The gun was stolen back in 1988. The gun has been through three Dealers and three private parties all purchases made through dealers. I guess the state NIC's ageant must have been asleep at these times. I guess in the future I will start running serial numbers no matter who I buy guns from.
    "This we will defend"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Click on the link for a list of antique guns which were stolen from the Army National Guard in Mankato, MN, 12-1-10. If you have any information or questions, please contact

Detective Commander Matt DuRose #3141
    Mankato Department of Public Safety
    710 S. Front St
    Mankato, MN 56001
    Office (507)387-8770
    Fax??? (507)387-4929
    mdurose@city.mankato.mn.us

http://www.mankato-mn.gov/PS/Department.aspx
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey guys just letting you know about this
    Here is a list of the handguns stolen this past weekend, April 6 & 7 from the Tom Mix museum in Dewey. I thought some of you folks might want to be aware of this.

-Mike

STOLEN IN BURGLARY OF TOM MIX MUSEUM IN DEWEY, OK ON 4-13-02.

#1 COLT Stainless Steel engraved Derringer Serial # 3823

#2 SMITH & WESSON nickel plated, engraved, 6 inch, .38 cal. double action revolver with pearl handle grips
    Serial #112716

#3 COLT nickel plated, 6 inch barrel, .38 cal double action revolver with pearl grips. Serial # 453520

#4 COLT nickel plated, 6 inch barrel, .38-40 cal double action revolver, bone grips. Serial # 330558

#5 COLT blue, 6 inch barrel, engraved .38 cal. double action revolver, Ivory grips with " TM " in diamond box on top of grip. Serial # 458131

#6 SMITH & WESSON blue 6 inch barrel, .357 magnum double action revolver, with white ivory grips, with "Mix" in red and white paint on bottom of grips. Serial #55668

#7 COLT (#1 of Matched Pair), nickel plated, 6 inch barrel, .38 cal double action revolver with peal grips.
    Serial #524522

#8 COLT (#2 of Matched Pair) nickel plated, 6 inch barrel, .38 cal double action revolver with pearl grips. Serial #530719

#9 IVER JOHNSON, nickel plated, 2 inch barrel, 6 shot, .22 cal. revolver with pearl grips. Serial #202

#10 SMITH & WESSON, nickel plated, 6 inch barrel, .32-44 cal single action top-break revolver, brown wood grips.
    Serial # 2102

If any of these firearms are located, contact Dewey OK, Police Department. 918-534-2223 or any local Police Department. All have been entered into NCIC as stolen.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    if you have a gun stolen will it allways be on a list of stolen guns or is the a time frame limit
    My dads colt frointer scout was stolen a few months back and it makes me sick. My mother got it for him over 30 years ago
    if it turned up say in 30 years will it be on a stolen list to were he or a faimly member could reclaim it.

Tazz
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What would it take to get GB to start an entire new forum section dedicated to listing stolen guns with serial numbers? I met a man this evening who lost all of his guns and $1200 cash in a burglary on 21 December. It totally ruined his Christmas. As much as I love to find a good deal I don't like the idea of buying hot stuff. Opinions?

The only thing necessary for evil to triump is that good men do nothing.
    Recruit someone for the NRA today!
    Semper Fi
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Went to the gun store and they had 3 different lists of stolen guns. All stolen just in the past week. This happening in your area?

dgac
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I had two rifles stolen from me a couple years ago and Im kinda losing faith that they are gone forever. My old man had a ruger security six stolen out of his ambulance a long long time ago but it was recovered seven years later.

anybody ever get a gun returned to them after it was stolen?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Please advise me if I've posted in the wrong area.
    I am offering rewards for the return of items stolen in the Clifton, Ashkum & L'erable, Illinois areas.
    This is what I'm currently offering:
    I am missing 2 pistols. A Smith & Wesson S&W Model 41 7 1/2" barrel 22 cal. semi-auto target pistol.
    Serial # A759964
    Harrington & Richardson H&R Model 999 22 cal revolver top break.
    Serial # AY126582

I will pay $400 for the return of the guns, $600 for return of the guns & information leading to an arrest. $800 for return of the guns & information leading to a conviction.
    If You have any idea about these guns please contact me.
    Your identity will be kept confidential if you desire.
    $400 for information That leads to reaquiring a Miller wire welder & air tools stolen west of Ashkun.
    Up to $500 for any info on items stolen in the area.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A friend of mine had 4 guns stolen. They stole every gun that was not in the safe. I hate a thief. If they broke in my house they would get 3. I changed my guns so now the cheaper ones are out.[V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My dad's house got broke into again last week this is the 2ed time in the last 6 to 8 months
    the 1st time the stole 3 pistols and nothing else this time they got 3 long guns
    the cops have nothing as of yet but my dad called me today and said a friend of dads girlfriends son said that some mexcan was braging to him about braking in to dads house, He called the cops today but has not heard anything yet.
    can they do anything if the guy that he bragged to tells them ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Last month, the week before Labour day, my back door was jimmied but I didn't think my house was intered. A couple of days ago I went to shoot a couple of gun and they were gone. So I guess they did get into the house. Missing are a pair of 25 Ravens(yes dammit) consecutive SN 3205244 &3205245. Also a 32 auto BERSA sn 050525 and a Mossberg bolt action 410.

I gave this info to the local sheriff and he said he would take care of it.

My concern it this" It is election time and the Sheriff did not seem overly concerned about the loss nor did he send any deputies out.

Is there any way for any of our members (or me) to check and see if he reported the theft of these guns?? FWIW,I am backing his opposition?? Tom

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who dont.
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    id think its time ti invest in a safe. or at least find a really good hiding place.
  • Options
    kumatekumate Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no.good luck on finding the firearms.[:(]I had one restolen of the sherrifs evidence room
  • Options
    fullautogunnerfullautogunner Member Posts: 681 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Also a freakin camera. Hello its all over the internet, people breaking in on camera. Too bad booby traps are illegal.[xx(][V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    the thing is we know were this dead beat lives now not for from my dad Im thinking of tring to see if he will sell a hot gun then call the cops but not sure if its a good thing to do or not.

( id think its time ti invest in a safe)
    ya hes 70yrs old but I think iv talked him into one [:D]