In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

nylon 66

tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I have a black and chrome model puchased in Oct. '70. The stock has recently cracked near the butt. Where might I get a new stock?

David

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know where I can find a document detailing how to disassemble this rifle. I have googled it with no results. Maybe someone has the original owners manual and would be willing to copy it for me ?????

If you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yesterday was the first time i ever saw one of these Remingtons, was at the used gun rack at the local gun store.
    I picked it up and drew a bead. I was instantly smitten with it, but did not know much about it, so i came home and did a web search.
    This one was black and chrome, so it was either the apache or black diamond.
    Guess they have not made these in a long while? They look damn near indestructible! I did not take it home with me but, maybe next week[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Heres something for the nylon 66 collectors.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=187846857

Happy bidding,[:D]
    W.D.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    anyone know were I can get a stock for one.
    got a friend going to give me one but the stock is broke.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone have any interesting Nylon 66 stories? I grew up shooting one of Dad's that was made in 1959 and now have one of my own. I think the Nylon 66 is one of the best .22 autoloaders ever made.

Edited by - Teamblue on 04/25/2002 11:03:28
  • Options
    edited November -1
    LGS has an early,(no serial number) nylon 66 with original box and owners manual for sale. Rifle has no marks at all, perfect condition. It is the Mohawk Brown version. I can get this for 350. They also have a seneca green that is also in great shape with only a very few light marks on it. Price on the seneca green is 450, no box, no manual. I am leaning toward the brown because of condition and the box and manual. I believe asking price is a good deal, but not great, any thoughts?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ever hear of a white stock rifle ? Seen one ?

I heard that the salesman carried them.
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice gift, did you already check GB auctions? I would google some of the gun parts stores that are online.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thermonuclear
    Nice gift, did you already check GB auctions? I would google some of the gun parts stores that are online.

found one but I dont think I want ot buy it now for 250.00 [:D]
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    The stocks had a lifetime warranty. Call Remington!
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Well, well, well, welcome to my world. Check out the following link, lot of good info/people over there. Also e-mail this guy he has alot nylon parts/pieces. Hes also a member here and is a pretty good guy to boot.

http://www.nylonrifles.com/forums/

snake803@juno.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by matwor
    Well, well, well, welcome to my world. Check out the following link, lot of good info/people over there. Also e-mail this guy he has alot nylon parts/pieces. Hes also a member here and is a pretty good guy to boot.

http://www.nylonrifles.com/forums/

snake803@juno.com

thanks matwor