In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

landlord question

proappproapp Member Posts: 3,264
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
would you build a few 3 or 4plexs in this economy? thinkin about it some along with some other stuff. doing it with cash, of course, and just curious....

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    What is the largest roll back dumpster you have rented to clean a unit?

Cockroaches out the kazoo too [xx(]

This is the worst I have seen,
    I pulled a Select and hired someone to clean it up.

Just tired of cleaning up after pigs I guess.

The pics & aftermath are epic white trash hoe Americana.

The joy
  • Options
    UNIVERSITY50UNIVERSITY50 Member Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My buddy the Grand Lord Of Rentals, is buying stuff up so cheap it not worth building. He just bought a 4 yr old 4 plex for 1/2 of what it would cost to build. Great deals out their right now. Buy do not build.
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by UNIVERSITY50
    My buddy the Grand Lord Of Rentals, is buying stuff up so cheap it not worth building. He just bought a 4 yr old 4 plex for 1/2 of what it would cost to build. Great deals out their right now. Buy do not build.

+100
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigoutside
    quote:Originally posted by UNIVERSITY50

+100

generally, prop values do not go thru the large swings here in Texas, as compared to the rest of the country. here in east Texas, ive got 5 re agents looking for a building to lease for something else. im seeing the same empty buildings at the same rate as i saw a year ago. there may be a few "deals" out there, but not many around here.
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Here where I am there are 2 br condos for $100k still, in a college town. Rental market is either section 8 and affordable for an average job around here, or $400+ per bedroom in a college student area. If I had the $, I'd do one or two of the condos and only rent to people working on their masters or doctorate, or single professional workers.