In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

shot at ommelanden range new castle del last week.

bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
anyone live close to it?
what a great place and nice skeet range.
the locals were all there bragging about their 5/8oz 12ga loads and how doubles improves there skeet game...blahh blahhh. i squaded up with them and introduced myself. like most places that dont know you, they sorta set up a 20 foot buffer zone like you have aids or something. well, after they started dropping birds on sta 1, and when by sta 4 they missed at least 4 already...they all hushed their jabber when i shot. no one went straight except guess who? and by the second straight game, well...they all accpeted me.
funny world.
going to new ranges is fun. the game itself isnt the big challenge, breaking ice is. [^]
my old trusty winchester M50 skeet gun did its task once again, as it has for 53 years. what a great gun. everyone should have one.[;)]
and now...im recognized by the locals as one of the guys. that was the trophy in itself.
if you drive thru near the delmem-bridge on I-95, take time and stop in. rifle and pistol ranges are there as well.
Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Former NSSA All American
Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
MO, CT, VA.

Comments

• JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot some benchrest matches at the range in bridgeville DE
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Not sure what the point of skeet is. I mean, you know exactly where and when the birds will be flying and the ranges are always identical. Anyone who does poorly on the skeet range after a few rounds should consider taking up knitting or something that takes no hand eye coordination. Trap isn't much better except for that brief instant when you don't know where the bird will fly. Sporting Clays is the wingshooters' sport. Many variables to contend with on every shot. Almost like real hunting.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I grew up about 5 mi. N of that bridge(twin bridges) on the Joizy side. By brother still lives there.
  • Tile KingTile King Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dang. i'm right up the highway (delco, outside philly) and i didnt even know about that place. now i have somewhere else to try. thanks.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tile King
    dang. i'm right up the highway (delco, outside philly) and i didnt even know about that place. now i have somewhere else to try. thanks.

My condolences.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigdaddyjunior

My condolences.

lol. thanks. it was a nice neighborhood until the city started gettin "bigger". now we have alot of you know whats runnin around here like mad.
    edited November -1

My condolences.

lol. thanks. it was a nice neighborhood until the city started gettin "bigger". now we have alot of you know whats runnin around here like mad.

I left in 96 when the last of my buddies was shot for a bottle of beer. Can't say I miss a thing about it.
    edited November -1
    [/quote]
    I left in 96 when the last of my buddies was shot for a bottle of beer. Can't say I miss a thing about it.
    [/quote]
    its a real shame whats happenin here. were you actually in philly or outside?
    edited November -1

[/quote]
    [/quote]

In deep.
    edited November -1

[/quote]

In deep.
    [/quote]
    you can have that f'in city. i dont go there unless i have to. my "hood" is just like the city now. i pack a heater even when i'm out with the dog.
  • iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Wind on my local range messes up the pattern/habit shooters... targets are either getting a speed boost or slowing down unpredictably. Sunday, the high tower birds were being shoved down by the wind, they were hitting the ground just even with the low house.

Makes it much more challenging.

Not sure what the point of skeet is. I mean, you know exactly where and when the birds will be flying and the ranges are always identical. Anyone who does poorly on the skeet range after a few rounds should consider taking up knitting or something that takes no hand eye coordination. Trap isn't much better except for that brief instant when you don't know where the bird will fly. Sporting Clays is the wingshooters' sport. Many variables to contend with on every shot. Almost like real hunting.