In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

You'll All Be Happy To Know....

guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
That February is African-American Railroader Month, according to my Norfolk Southern calender. Now I have looked thru the rest ot the calender and I see no Hispanic, Chineese, White, Native American, etc. month? What makes the black railroader so friggin important that they have their own month? Stupid!

Comments

• groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    What are they celebrating? All the miles of rocks they busted up while working on the chain gangs? It seems there would be a month to celebrate all the chinese workers that helped lay the rails across this country! GHD
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    JEEEZ, they getting a day for everything didnt ya know that?

Mayor of Tampa Florida declared every third Sunday of the month , African American Shopping Sunday here.

Did you know that there are over 150 African American National Organizations and only 4 Caucasion Organizations and 3 of those four are concidered RACIST?

flageagle.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    The only "Afro Americans" I ever saw on the railroad were Gandy Dancers.[}:)]

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Seems I remember something about a song "AT the Gandy Dancers Ball" So many of those old songs ya just dont hear about..

flageagle.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif