In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

? for sellers

bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Do you ever give the winner a break? If you toss out an auction that becomes a "hit", do you give the buyer a small discount if it gets to the point where you almost feel bad for taking the money?

Comments

• bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    Never felt bad for taking the money on an auction that ended high. Nobody puts a gun to someone's head and makes them bid. If you give the winner a break you are screwing the second highest bidder.
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigtire
    Never felt bad for taking the money on an auction that ended high. Nobody puts a gun to someone's head and makes them bid. If you give the winner a break you are screwing the second highest bidder.

X-Ring.
  • bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Overactive imagination I guess.

It's a kid's gun, easy and cheap to own, shoot and clean. Had no idea it would fetch 3 1/2.

http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=128876359
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member Posts: 29,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's the buyer making the offer, not the seller. If the buyer can't afford to pay his bid price, he needs to stay out of the game.

If the item sells too cheap, do you think the buyer would feel guilty and send the seller a few more bucks? I don't think so!
    edited November -1
    Its a smoothbore. Check out this auction, while it is for a "smoot" bore,[;)] ya get the idea.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=124573035
  • The Ultimate InfidelThe Ultimate Infidel Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw a smooth bore 510 go for 1100 at a live auction so dont feel to bad Bill[;)]
  • mark christianmark christian Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes I'll offer to split the shipping costs, or just pay the shipping and let the buyer handle the cost of insurance (which is often more than the shipping charges). I've sold a lot of guns for more money than I had originally calculated, but I've never got a price so high that I fainted or felt bad about it!
    edited November -1
    Well matwor, that hit a nerve. I'm feeling much better now.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by matwor
    Its a smoothbore. Check out this auction, while it is for a "smoot" bore,[;)] ya get the idea.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=124573035

My goodness,,,,,,,,,,I think I ran into one of those at a Gunshow about 7 years ago for 175. and I passed...[|)][B)][:I]nambu
    edited November -1
    No prob bill. I clicked on "check sellers other auctions" and found nothing. Whats up on the auction block next? Maybe I can get a steal from ya and try to make ya feel better.[;)][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by matwor
    No prob bill. I clicked on "check sellers other auctions" and found nothing. Whats up on the auction block next? Maybe I can get a steal from ya and try to make ya feel better.[;)][:D]

No doubt that would help [:p]

Keep your eyes peeled if you're a fan of the S&W 696.

Depends on what happens with this other auction I'm watching.

* stay tuned
  • countryfarmercountryfarmer Member Posts: 4,552
    edited November -1
    If I bid $2000 on a $150 and it brings $2000 then that is MY problem. If theydon't want to spend the money, then don't go crazy and overbid.
  • mredmred Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man, the prices are high for 9MM semis on this site. I've looked them all over & can save about $30.00 to $50.00 on every one I've looked at. Whats up with that? Shipping is $25.00 to $30.00 some plus insurance. I will not name the web site but I'm going to be buying any of my guns there!!
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mred
    Man, the prices are high for 9MM semis on this site. I've looked them all over & can save about $30.00 to $50.00 on every one I've looked at. Whats up with that? Shipping is $25.00 to $30.00 some plus insurance. I will not name the web site but I'm going to be buying any of my guns there!!

What's that mean??[?]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigtire

+1