In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

speachless and lost,,what to do

tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
went to work for a new company 6 months ago...old company slow on work...anyhow after all these years in the trade, i get a big surprise...my paycheck bounced. i pretty much am pissed, how would you fellas handle it? never quite been here before[:(!]

Comments

• dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    [:(]..a quick phone call to the boss would be in order!!

and a please explain from them would be nice...if it`s still not resolved..i`d own a nice new bulldozer or some such thing[}:)] but thats just my view on it.
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Call the bank you have your checking account with, if this is other than the bank where you cash your checks, let them know any checks that bounce that you have hanging out there are not your fault.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could be an honest mistake.
    It happened to me once when the funds went to the wrong account. They cut a check the next day and all was well.
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would bet it's a mistake, somebody slow paid or something, or like MVP said, deposit in wrong account. I'd check with the boss.
    And call your bank, let them know whats up.....
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    i have enough funds to cover it, called the new boss,he said he will make it good on monday...i guess i just don't see how someone could write a fella a bad paycheck[V]
  • BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    If your company pays through a payroll company like ADP, then the funds from your paycheck come out of ADP's bank account and not the owners. Most of the time this is a good think, so the owner does not get caught in a situation like he just did. I am sure ADP makes mistakes as well. Check with him and maybe suggest that he look into a payroll company that will do that for him if he is not doing it already.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dan kelly
    [:(]..a quick phone call to the boss would be in order!!

and a please explain from them would be nice...if it`s still not resolved..i`d own a nice new bulldozer or some such thing[}:)] but thats just my view on it.

if its not resolved, i bet i can undo a couple months work in a couple hours and go to the hall and get put elsewhere...ever seen a d10 cat dozer in wrecking mode[;)][:(!][:0][:D]
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I once worked for a very well known aftermarket speed parts company, and about every third paycheck would bounce and cost me a gazillion dollars.

Sooo, I had them quit mailing my checks and picked them up at the office as soon as they were cut, then a quick ride to their bank and I would cash it in money, directly from their account.

That got old very quickly, so I went to greener (pun intended) pastures.

Doug
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    out of high school I worked for an HVAC company rebuilding fire chambers in commercial boilers.
    one week my check bounced.
    next week one of the service vans was "broken into" and alot of tools/equipment "stolen".
    next week we had to pay cash at the local supply houses, no credit account.
    a couple weeks later the company folded.
    turns out the boss made a couple bad bets and couldn't pay. he was selling off the business in pieces.
    hope that isn't your situation.
    edited November -1
    just talked to the business rep. of the union hall..he is behind in benefits too..called the boss..he can pay up monday morning at 7;00 starting time or he has a problem... he don't reliize, the rippers are gettin turned down and it will be my last day for him...now i'm pissed...this job has went from behind schedule 2 months with 3 guys,to on schedule by myself, i figure i can still finish it ahead of schedule by a couple weeks if i stay..its in his ballpark...a d10 will rip 3 1/2 ft deep the whole job in an hour[;)][:(!]
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    If he ain't paying my bennies I'd be outta there.[}:)][:(!] No call for someone shortin' ya whats owed ya.
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too bad its union, you get a dozer and ill dig little ditches [:D][:D][:D]

Work was slow with old company, but atleast he paid your benefits..
    edited November -1
    its good its union..when you ready i'll take you to the hall and get u started right...finish school first[;)][8D]
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,867 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    You got it, contact your BA. Tomorrow go to Home Depot and buy a 60# sack of sand. Take your cutting torch and sand to work Monday. Give foreman until 0700:30 to have C-notes in your hand. Call BA at 0702:30 and make sure they squared up on your benefit account. If any of these things don't happen, just "go to work". Take sack of sand and put half in hydrauluc tank and the other half in engine oil fill of dozer. light engine off and set throttle on half. While she's warming up, take cutting torch and buck off dozer cylinder rods. On your way to ripper, buck track chains in half. Climb up in opperators chair now and cycle ripper and dozer several times. Now go to ripper and buck off ripper cylinder rods. Roll up torch, get in pickup and go home. Call BA and get on out-of-work list.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Most likely honest mistake, but keep an eye on whats going on at work next week.
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tomahawk
    its good its union..when you ready i'll take you to the hall and get u started right...finish school first[;)][8D]
    Yeah, its good its union, but its too bad its union as I cant just go hop on a tractor and tear stuff up [}:)][:D]
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sure it had to put a strain on your budget, I truly hope things work out.

Best!!
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    There's one thing you don't mess with...and that's a man's wages.