In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

LF...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
quote:No....just pointing out the good. Coming back at the negative doesn't mean I don't appreciate the input from the people who comment. I think its funny how "perfect" some people's worlds are. I wouldn't trade one day of our lives for "perfect."

Now.....the people who have actually HAD teenagers they are in a better position to understand things and how it all works. The ones that have teenagers that aren't "perfect" probobly see a little more what I do. I think the people who like to judge others are rediculous. Just because someone is pretty....has nice things....and wasn't perfect doesn't mean they are bad. Oh.....AND....because I'm not all about punishment, lectures, chores and constantly battling it out with her doesn't mean she pushes us around. She is where she is supposed to be....doing what she is supposed to do....and we just want her in a safe car. There is no drama to this like some would like to think. Funny how only knowing less than 6% about someone makes people think they KNOW them and how things are.

Deheff.....We aren't spoiling her any more. She had it VERY easy and took big time advantage of it. She is just now realizing how good she had it. McDonalds pay and college classes are a bit of a wakeup. She has a great bunch of friends right now that have made the biggest difference. The "crew" they hang out with have sooooo much to do with what is going on in a young person's life. Its hard to keep up with it all when things get hard.....but good friends mean the world as far as what I have seen.

I'm glad to hear your daughter has turned things around. I truly wish her the best. She's a very pretty young lady. Deheff hit the nail on the head...it's far too easy to spoil the ones we love. It takes heart to bring them up as we know we should. I'm glad to hear she's turned a new page in her life.

Comments

• Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am glad to hear you see things like they are.....but right now I am VERY VERY upset. You need to check your e-mail and you will know why.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    quote:No....just pointing out the good. Coming back at the negative doesn't mean I don't appreciate the input from the people who comment. I think its funny how "perfect" some people's worlds are. I wouldn't trade one day of our lives for "perfect."

Now.....the people who have actually HAD teenagers they are in a better position to understand things and how it all works. The ones that have teenagers that aren't "perfect" probobly see a little more what I do. I think the people who like to judge others are rediculous. Just because someone is pretty....has nice things....and wasn't perfect doesn't mean they are bad. Oh.....AND....because I'm not all about punishment, lectures, chores and constantly battling it out with her doesn't mean she pushes us around. She is where she is supposed to be....doing what she is supposed to do....and we just want her in a safe car. There is no drama to this like some would like to think. Funny how only knowing less than 6% about someone makes people think they KNOW them and how things are.

Deheff.....We aren't spoiling her any more. She had it VERY easy and took big time advantage of it. She is just now realizing how good she had it. McDonalds pay and college classes are a bit of a wakeup. She has a great bunch of friends right now that have made the biggest difference. The "crew" they hang out with have sooooo much to do with what is going on in a young person's life. Its hard to keep up with it all when things get hard.....but good friends mean the world as far as what I have seen.

I'm glad to hear your daughter has turned things around. I truly wish her the best. She's a very pretty young lady. Deheff hit the nail on the head...it's far too easy to spoil the ones we love. It takes heart to bring them up as we know we should. I'm glad to hear she's turned a new page in her life.
    +50
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    LF...you have mail as well.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ECC....I really appreciate your input on that thread. You just don't know how BAD that stuck with me. I'm not usually that easy to flame up, but that seemed to push some kind of button. Thank you.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    ECC....I really appreciate your input on that thread. You just don't know how BAD that stuck with me. I'm not usually that easy to flame up, but that seemed to push some kind of button. Thank you.

Understood.