In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

American Idol

lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Did I miss something? Why is a reality television show dominating the news?

Comments

• lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Skyler Laine ...just nailed it....WOW
  • MarnerMarner Member Posts: 2,977
    edited November -1
    It was reported that one hundred million people voted on the winner... that could have something to do with it.
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    keep the public distracted and mindless?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Entertain the masses, that way they arent concerned about political problems..
    [:0]
  • longspur riderlongspur rider Member Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did one hundred million people vote or one hundred million votes? I've heard people say they vote more than once, don't know myself I don't buy into that crap.
  • RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buffalobo

BINGO!!! You're EXACTLY RIGHT and the liberal extremists have been doing that for years without resistance.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What's American Idol?
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • 320090T320090T Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And ...... the gay guy didn't win.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    How do you know he is gay???[:0][:0][}:)]
  • AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lkannes
    Did I miss something? Why is a reality television show dominating the news?

Why do you spend your time on this forum? Different people like different things. And Idol is watched by a lot of people.
  • War Pig ActualWar Pig Actual Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: How do you know he is gay???

He already owned those KISS boots before the show and he admitted as a child he dressed up like characters from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Nuff said.
  • Saxon PigSaxon Pig Member Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Um... I once dressed up like Eddie from The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Does that make me gay?

You have very low standards for gayness.
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RogueStatesman
    quote:Originally posted by buffalobo

BINGO!!! You're EXACTLY RIGHT and the liberal extremists have been doing that for years without resistance.

Yup.

From the Ed Sullivan Show to Little House on the Prairie, all television has ever been is a Liberal Consipracy.
    edited November -1
    quote:Um... I once dressed up like Eddie from The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Does that make me gay?

You have very low standards for gayness.

Maybe not gay, but you had a moment.
  • spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marner

It was reported that one hundred million people voted on the winner... that could have something to do with it.

That would be incorrect. There were 100,000,000 votes. You are allowed to vote multiple times using telephone calls and text messages. I don't recall what the "limit" to the number of votes a single phone line could have (and I don't care).

But, there were most certainly NOT 100,000,000 voters.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spanielsells
    That would be incorrect. There were 100,000,000 votes. You are allowed to vote multiple times using telephone calls and text messages. I don't recall what the "limit" to the number of votes a single phone line could have (and I don't care).

Could this theory explain Obama and McCain??
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    quote:Originally posted by spanielsells

Could this theory explain Obama and McCain??

ACORN explains Landru. I'm still trying to figure out how McCain wound up with the nod.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by War Pig Actual
    quote: How do you know he is gay???

He already owned those KISS boots before the show and he admitted as a child he dressed up like characters from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
    Nuff said.

Ahhh, a homophobe speaks. What does it matter if he is gay or not? He can sing. And there have been lots of gay people in the entertainment industry forever. You may want to look into "manly" stars like Rock Hudson, Raymond Burr, and James Dean.....all gay.
    edited November -1
    quote:quote:
    Originally posted by War Pig Actual

quote:
    How do you know he is gay???

Nuff said.

Ahhh, a homophobe speaks. What does it matter if he is gay or not? He can sing. And there have been lots of gay people in the entertainment industry forever. You may want to look into "manly" stars like Rock Hudson, Raymond Burr, and James Dean.....all gay.

If you live in SoCal and are a homo-hater, you're stupid. I didn't say anything negative about being gay, I just said he was gay. I don't care how someone gets their rocks off as long as they are not trying to ram their agenda down our throats (like they have been trying to do in CA for many years now, to no avail). If not wanting my kids to have to learn about someone in school just because he was a homo and nothing more make me a homophobe, sign me up.
    edited November -1

quote:

Nuff said.

If you live in SoCal and are a homo-hater, you're stupid. I didn't say anything negative about being gay, I just said he was gay. I don't care how someone gets their rocks off as long as they are not trying to ram their agenda down our throats (like they have been trying to do in CA for many years now, to no avail). If not wanting my kids to have to learn about someone in school just because he was a homo and nothing more make me a homophobe, sign me up.
    I got kicked in my "agenda" just the other day. Hurt like hell. I even cried.
    edited November -1

quote:

Nuff said.

So why even mention that he might be gay? That mere fact
    shows your problems with gay people. He might be straight, why not say that? He might be androgynous, why not say that?