In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Law????

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
Why not enforce the laws that are now in effect that stop these damn agencies of making their own rules as to gun ownership:

Adoption agencies in Florida are effectively profiling prospective adoptive parents who own firearms.

Agencies have been treating applicants for adoption, who chose to exercise the constitutional right to own a firearm, differently than non-firearms owning applicants.

As a condition of adoption, prospective parents who own firearms must agree to regulations and restriction imposed by the agency.

At least one agency requires prospective parents who own a firearm or firearms, to store the firearms and ammunition separately in locked cabinets - rendering the right of self-defense and defense of family virtually impossible.

Further, applicants who own firearms are required to register their firearms and ammunition with the agency.

The agency not only requires applicants to separately list the firearms and the ammunition they own on a form created by the agency, but also requires them to report to the agency exactly where the firearms and ammunition are stored.

These agencies have set themselves above the law and have ignored the statutes.

Florida Statutes: prohibiting this type of behavior..all ready in effect.

State law prohibits registration of firearms. F.S. 790.335 prohibits the compiling of and retention of lists of firearms owners and firearms. Forms required by some adoption agencies constitute a registry of firearms and firearms owners.

Under 790.335(4)(a), office managers and officials who are a party to the collection and storage of firearms registration documents commit a felony of the third degree.

Under 790.335(4)(c) these agencies or organizations, as licensed agencies acting on behalf of the government, who register firearms are subject to a fine of up to $5 million.

There is a bill up to stop these people, Why not just procecute them for commiting the felony of collecting records.

Comments

• Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Illegal, and Unconstitutional. Sounds like Just What the SupremoS need to keep busy next season.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    This is a HB (house bill) up before the state legislature. I personally do not see a reason for another bill and time wasted in our states capitol.. Just arrest the offenders and that will put a stop to it. I dont see where it takes special measures to stop these idiots. I have emailed all of the reps on this matter and am waiting for their replies..I will get replies as some of them know me by my first name, [:0]

Our club hosts a lot of events for the communities around here and many of our legislators have attended. We get to talk freely with them concerning matters that affect the citizens of this state.

So Far we the citizens have won a lot of battles with the anti gun crowd down here and have reversed or abolished several restrictive gun laws..[:)]