In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

got my daughter in law a gun

badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
today. My son is suffering a mid life crisis and thinks the grass is greener elsewhere, so he left his wife and child and took all the weapons. So I gave my daughter in law a SS Taurus model 85 and taught her to shoot it, along with a few hundred rounds of handloads for practice. She and my 13 year old grandaughter are now enrolling in an NRA course which will teach them better than I can and lead to a CHL for my daughter in law.
What is it about 40+ year old men who leave a wonderful woman who helped make him what they are, leave a beautiful, loving 13 year old daughter for a piece of trash who has been twice divorced?
Any thoughts guys and gals"

PC=BS

Comments

• Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you hit it on the head. Mid-life crisis sounds pretty apt to me. Of course, he'd never admit it -- we all want to believe we're far too unique to be predictable statistics. But since you give no other hints to circumstances, I'd say you probably know the answer already. Fear of aging and too many Playboy magazine ideals.

Wait until he gets to be 50 and realizes how young he and his wife still were at 40.

Try not to think too harshly of the girlfriend. She may be your next daughter-in-law, and besides, it may not have been her "wiles" that had anything to do with it. Men are generally "easier" than women.

The 2nd Amendment is about security, not hunting. Long live the gun shows, and reasonable access to FFLs. Join the NRA -- I'm a Life Member.
  • Options
    k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a shame, if your fortunate to finde a good person keep em. Went down that road a few yrs ago, did everything i could for my wife and she thought the grass was greener so now shes a ex, and i am better for it. your daughter in law is fortunate to have a father in law that is watching out for her and your granddaughter, your a good man.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    BBB,
    I understand your feelings, and have no answer to your questions. My son is 28, goes through 1 girl a year. Moves them in, spends lot of money on them, then, just when his mother and I are getting used to the idea, he dumps them and moves on.
    The one thing I can tell you, you've done the right thing by giving her the ability to protect herself and your grand-daughter. When the boy complains, tell him wheather he likes it or not, she will be the mother of his daughter from now on, so he better keep a good relationship with her. Good luck. Maybe things will get better.

Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THREE CHEERS FOR YOU BADBOYBOB........ITS HARD TO
    STAND ON THE OUTSIDE AND COMMENT WITHIN........
    I KNOW YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER IS REAL PROUD TO HAVE A
    GRANDDAD LIKE YOU..........

COONASS
  • Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    I can't make any sense outta why folks run off when they got it made like that. At least the ladies are safe now that they have home defense "lead and powder."

The "evil one" ain't named Sherry is she? That name has seemed evil to me for some reason.

It has become my purpose in life to comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had a girl I proposed to run off with a guy that had a little more rank than me at the time. I'm sure I've caught up with him in the last few years though. Funny thing is, I missed her family more than I missed her. I can't even comprehend what it is that you are going through right now. Those two young ladies deserve better and it sounds like grandad is perfect for the job and is QUITE befitting his title.

SSG idsman75, U.S. ARMY
  • Options
    SUBMARINERSUBMARINER Member Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MUCH RESPECT FOR YOUR HONESTY,REALIZING ITS YOUR SON NOT THE DAUGHTER IN LAW.THATS DOUBLE TOUGH TO DO.MAYBE HE WILL COME AROUND.A FATHER SON TALK MAYBE.MY DAD ALREADY TOLD ME IF I RUN MY WIFE OFF SHE IS LIVING WITH THEM AND ILL NEED A NEW TOWN TO LIVE IN

SUBMARINE SAILOR,TRUCK DRIVER,NE'ER DO WELL, INSTIGATOR,AND RUSTY WALLACE FAN
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    BBB

Sounds to me like your son could have learned alot if he'd have paid more attention to the kind of man his daddy is. Having been through the "ex-thing" I must say that you impress me. Keep the contacts w/the Ex-daughter in law, she needs a friend and man she can respect.

Hope your son comes to his senses some day. Midlife is a tough thing for we men to deal with and we all react to it in our own "special" way. Good luck.

"We become what we habitually do. If we act rightly, we become upright men. If we habitually act wrongly, or weakly, we become weak and corrupt" - *ARISTOTLE*

**Like Grandad used to say--"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin"