In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Looking for a laminated wild looking stock for a

2 gun2 gun Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
edited December 2003 in General Discussion
I'm looking for a wild looking laminated stock for my 10-22

1. must be well made and straight.

2.must cost less than 150 bucks.

I've looked at the Boyd Blaster and the Revival YUKON both in the black green and gray type finnish.

All opoins welcome
and if you own one of these tell me how you like it or dis like it.

IT"S better to die by fire then serve by force

It's not gun control.It's personal defence elemanation. They only want to control ours.

Comments

• Options
    SilentKnightSilentKnight Member Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get the Steyr AUG conversion kit for your 10/22 its pretty exotic looking!
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You want wild? I got wild.

Warning-- Viewer must wear sunglasses while looking at these stocks.

http://rifle-stocks.com/laminated_woods.htm
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is an alternative laminate called "Pakawood". It's a resin impregnated laminate that is cured using pressure and a microwave. It's like working with aluminum, very dense and hard.

Some years ago I had Tom Volquartsen acquire a Pakawood blank for a rifle he was building for me. It's a gorgeous burgundy/wine color....one down side though, the price. Around $400+ just for the blank.

Another alternative is a fiberglass stock with a trick automotive paint job...

= nra2.gif
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    allen griggs
    You were not kidding! The prices are actual not to bad! Thanks for the link!

hsas157x100.gif
    gun1.gif
    Proud Member of
    The Secret Society of
    Black Helicopter Pilots
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They make an exotic looking Mannlicher style for it too. I was aware of this but I can't recall seeing one in person. There's an article on the 10/22 in the new Guns & Ammo which includes a pic of the Mannlicher stock. Handsome indeed.

I like the Steyr AUG idea -- I'll have to get out my Shotgun News.... I've been looking for an excuse to put a bullpup together, but being a leftie the cartridges have to go straight out, not up and back! A bottom ejector would be even better, of course.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpg Life Member - fortbutton2.gif
  • Options
    Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the show Allen. Some of those were really cool[8D].

Mad Dog
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Contact Ruger as they have the Green and the Grey ones. I got the grey on both my Ruger rifles, look good

undrgd.gifnewyear.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"