In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Damn the government

11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
The US involvement in Iraq is winding down, and it's extremely obvious to us troops who are here. Shortages everywhere, all because of funding cuts. Whatever money they cut here gets sent to Afghanistan.

But, we still get crab legs and lobster tails every Friday night at the chow hall!

Comments

• Options
    cnsaycnsay Member Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Typical politics, send someone to do a job, hold back the supplies, then whine about what happens. Politicians should not use their budgets to push political agendas.
  • Options
    hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    That pos we have for a pres see's fit to give any amount of money to the f'n banks want but the mother f'n pos cant supply are troops with what they need to do there job. I say we impeach the pos right here right now and be done with it. I can stand the fact that we have troops going through what there going through with out the proper equipment but hey WTH are press feels free to spend trillions ( spelling) on what ever he feels fit.
  • Options
    Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hk-91
    That pos we have for a pres see's fit to give any amount of money to the f'n banks want but the mother f'n pos cant supply are troops with what they need to do there job. I say we impeach the pos right here right now and be done with it. I can stand the fact that we have troops going through what there going through with out the proper equipment but hey WTH are press feels free to spend trillions ( spelling) on what ever he feels fit.
    Including but not limited to, Toilet Paper.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm talking more about replacement parts for our vehicles and ammo.
  • Options
    Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7
    that sounds safe..
  • Options
    cnsaycnsay Member Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

But our congress doesn't see why you need those things, guns are bad and if you break down you just call triple A, right?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We're short 5.56mm ammo, 7.62mm ammo, .50 cal ammo. We have no 40mm M203 grenades. VERY few hand grenades. NO smoke grenades.
  • Options
    BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    It'll get worse. Sorry you have to see that. One thing I learned about deployments like that, it's much better to be the first guys in than the last guys out.

Happened in Nam (from what I have read, still to young to know first hand), happened when we pulled the majority of forces out of FYROM (though that was not a combat zone at the time, less lethal not haveing the support you need) and it'll happen there.

Try to keep the morale high. Don't get PO'ed at your immediate commanders, they are in the same pot with you cooking.

God bless and keep you armor on, your weapon near and your head down.
  • Options
    RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    The US involvement in Iraq is winding down, and it's extremely obvious to us troops who are here. Shortages everywhere, all because of funding cuts. Whatever money they cut here gets sent to Afghanistan.

But, we still get crab legs and lobster tails every Friday night at the chow hall!

Doesn't sound like things are THAT bad! [;)]

Take care over there!
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    At least U got Fri. Night CRAB and LOBSTER!!!
    SHUT UP!!!
    [:o)]
    Their ain't any excuse for y'all to be short ammo. That stuff should be anywhere u look.
    I'll be emailing anyone i can, and throwing that at'em!!!
    Jake, keep plenny boxes of belted close at hand, and keep mags for small arms close as well.
    Stay healthy and get u * back home ASAP!
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Zulu-WalMart's got 9mil 223 308[}:)]
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RogueStatesman

Take care over there!

They had better feed them well, for sendin them to fight with little to no ammo.[B)]
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Z- Whats the Iraqis doing w/oil money[?][?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by footlong
    Z- Whats the Iraqis doing w/oil money[?][?]

Buying our Humvees and MRAPs.
  • Options
    dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    it should be mandatory that all politicians with kids of such an age that they can serve in the military in time of war should be forced to resign if their kids don`t sign up...then you would see the soldier on the ground get every thing they need in a damn hurry![:(!] stinking politicians[:(!]gggggrrrrrrrr!!!!
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Well you can tell the democrats are in charge.

I remember when Dirty Harry and * Durbin where crying about how terrible it is not to properly equip the troops.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    We're short 5.56mm ammo, 7.62mm ammo, .50 cal ammo. We have no 40mm M203 grenades. VERY few hand grenades. NO smoke grenades.

same here, unless you want to get broke quick.
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    I'd rather have the toilet paper...
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RogueStatesman

Take care over there!

Tell me about it! I think I ate more cat than anything else over there!