In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington 30-30 JUNK

TrupoBPTTrupoBPT Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I bought a box of Remington 150 gr 30-30 a few days ago. At the range about 8 out of 13 that rounds I shot did not go off. I shot the 1st 5 with no problem then 8 rounds, one after another just failed to bang. Its not My 30-30, I know this becuse it ate up 20 rounds of Hornady just before that.[:(!]

Comments

• dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,540 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My guns dont like Remington 22 bullets. Never had problems with any thing else except Wolf.
  • fishmastyfishmasty Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Notify Remington. They will probably want the rounds and I am sure they will give you a coupon for some more.
  • RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would take a close look at the firearm.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Look at the primer on the failed cartridges, were they hit hard enough?
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:it ate up 20 rounds of Hornady just before that

More important if it shot anything AFTER that.

Primers dented? Contact maker

Primers NOT dented? Contact gunsmith
  • shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    had the same problem with some 243
    1 out of the box went bang and it shot winchester after i tried the remington
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TrupoBPT
    I bought a box of Remington 150 gr 30-30 a few days ago. At the range about 8 out of 13 that rounds I shot did not go off. I shot the 1st 5 with no problem then 8 rounds, one after another just failed to bang. Its not My 30-30, I know this becuse it ate up 20 rounds of Hornady just before that.[:(!]

I posted about remmington's crappy ammo last fall. I will not shoot it anymore. For cheap store bought, I buy winchester grey box. Not one problem with it.

Quite frankly, I am done with remmington, period. Their customer service SUCKS. They wanted ME to run 40 miles to a UPS hub and send them back 3 boxes of ammo, all at MY expense. Remmington can go bankrupt for all I care.