In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Land of the Free???

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
In America your FREE to do what ever you want as long as you get someones PERMISSION (SEE PERMIT IN DICTIONARY) Think About it..
You need a PERMIT to drive
You need a Permit to get married
You need a permit to build a house
You need a permit to put a fence around the house you build
You need a permit to cut down a tree
You need a permit to own a firearm
you need a permit to Hunt
You need a permit to plant on your farm
and the list goes on and on,, Talk about Government regulation. JEEEZ

Comments

• badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Run Classic, run. The thought police are on their way to break down your door and haul you away to slam city. (That's if they don't "accidently" shoot you).

PC=BS

Edited by - badboybob on 04/30/2002 14:06:48
  • thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Classic095,
    You're right!
    No one should need a permit to drive. Then we can put 4 and 5 year olds behind the wheel and repeat DUI offenders can continue their Monday afternoon cruises through your children's school zone.

Permits for building a house, putting up fences, or cutting down trees should be done away with as well. Now Billy Boe Bingham can build a house however he likes, regardless of whether the structure is safe or living next to the repulsive dwelling brings the value of your own property down.

Firearms should be freely dispensed to everyone. Including those with a long line of previous convictions and also to the mentally unstable.

Hunting should be completely unrestricted. So what if we wipe out a few hundred species, its all in the name of freedom right?

Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it, worry about the fragmentation grenade addressed 'To Occupant'.
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, sometimes I think it would be better if they made it harder to get a marraige license anyway....;)

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thesupermonkey
    Then following that train of thinking, we should have to get a permit to have children, after a through background check you can get a reproduction permit! ... Clearly lots of people have them that shouldn't ... alcoholics, abusers, wife beaters, molesters, criminals . poor people on welfare that cant take care of themselves . then there are the half wits, dim wits . and a whole bunch of deviants . maybe we could filter depression and a whole slew of psychotic disorders .

Of course it could even lead to:
    Oh I'm sorry Mr. & Mrs. thesupermonkey, we currently have too many brunettes with brown eyes and according to your genetic makeup there is a 97% probability that's what you would produce . we'll let you know .

I know where you are coming from, and I'm not saying I disagree with you ... these are in place to protect us ... but where do you draw the line ... its for the children ...

G36 ... if marriage licences were harder to get, I should have been turned down the first 2 times ... life would have been much easier ... but not nearly as interesting

=================================
    Sometimes the most obvious, is the most elusive!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com

Edited by - kimberkid on 04/30/2002 17:43:16
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kimberkid I think you missed the munkeys tongue in cheek.

PC=BS
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bbb,
    No, I got it ... I actually think those are good things to have in place ... I wouldn't want a neighbors house to burn down and have him to decide to just pitch a tent to live in and there stay ...

I was trying to demonstrate how expanding on current situations could effect the long term ... kind of the way our gun rights are being "Permitted" away! ... Did we (the general public) think in 1968 gun rights would be the mess they are today? Probably only the ones that wanted to control us had that hope.

I'll repeat:
    I'm not saying I disagree with you ... these are in place to protect us ... but where do you draw the line ... its for the children ...

Or am I just "Out-There" today?

=================================
    Sometimes the most obvious, is the most elusive!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com

Edited by - kimberkid on 04/30/2002 18:38:49
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    HEY GUYS! Do I gotta throw you a life preserver??? The whole point was , HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH OF GOVERNMENT CONTROL IN OUR LIVES,,,,You can rationalize and throw examples like "Lets let all the little kids drive" that type mentally is the reason the government wants to tell you exactly what you can do and cant, OH WELL!!!! When your rights are all gone and you wind up in the newest third world country, I wont say I told ya so.....
  • davcondavcon Member Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have gone from a government for the people by the people to a people for the government by the government. What will this country be like in 10,15,20 years?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    THIS IS ONE FOR SUPERMONKEY:::

How many convicted DUI, Liscense revoked people do you know that actually stopped driving????

Being an EX policeman, It doesnt matter to those people, I have arrested them shortly after leaving the court, got into their car and attempted to drive home..

A convicted Felon, can get a weapon anytime he wants one, so lets pass more laws making it harder for the law abiding citizen to get one. this should make a big dent in crime , HA HA HA.

As far as building a tent or a squaler type housing, codes are good, just dont tell me I cant build a house on my own land. or require me to give some local yokel a pocket full of money, so he can give me permision..

As for Kids driving!!! what responsible parent would let that happen.

Of Course, Kids cant be disciplined in the home,, our government says so. At least I got ya to thinking......LR