In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

If I may!

mcneely77mcneely77 Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Stand back while I get my big butt on this soap box. After reading the earlier post about Chicago's new gun laws and the one I posted from the liberal, I have a suggestion.

Not to sound like an alarmist, but at this rate, gun control will be the reason for the second civil war in the history of this country. I have never belonged to a militia, nor am I against one, but here is a thought.

I call it Thomocracy. Instead of spending our NRA dollars on politicians and fighting the fight of the second ammendment, we use it to buy property. Lots and lots of property. Instead of having a United States, we have the Eastern United States and the Western United States, or Northern United States and Southern United States. They get Gore, We get Bush. We live in a free society with law abiding citizens that love to hunt, fish, collect and fire firearms. They live in a liberal society where everyone is in charge of no one. Let them rule themselves into poverty, where crime runs high because the police are overburdened and the criminals have no fear. A place where traffic is at a standstill because of the dead animals strown over the roads from lack of hunters. This is only a temporary problem because sooner or later the animals will be overwhelmed with disease and eventually eradicated.
Let them have their idea of utopia, as long as they let us have ours.
In our society any law abiding citizen can own any firearm he/she wishes as long as they continually prove they are responsible enough to own one. The first time a child or innocent is injured or killed from an unintended discharge, that citizen is either required to complete more training, or is no longer allowed to own a firearm.
That is just a start. Feels good to vent. I'll climb down now. Apologize for taking your time.
Thom

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.

IALEFI, ASLET, NRA, and proud owner of a pair of S&W revolvers.

Comments

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well the last time an attempt was made to break from the Union, the Tyrants got mad, and would not allow it.
    And as far as buying up lots of private property? Wont help. There is no such thing as private property. The government can seize your property quite easily.

Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    What is the real answer to this major impending crisis???

We all know that sooner or later a total ban is possible. The slow process was begun many years ago and has accelerated since. A large portion of this Country does not support the Second Amendment and there is no concensus on what it even means. The two sides are diametrically opposed to each other and compromise is not an option soooooo where does it end and what will YOU do???

Your thoughts.

Lt the Pro-Constitutionalist

"We become what we habitually do. If we act rightly, we become upright men. If we habitually act wrongly, or weakly, we become weak and corrupt" - *ARISTOTLE*

**Like Grandad used to say--"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin"

Edited by - lt496 on 04/30/2002 10:27:51