In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's some pretty expensive ammo! Almost a $1.50 a round, yikes!
  • Options
    legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    Yes its high but it was made for police snipers in mind. Good stuff for target shooting im told.
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Let's put it another way: would you rather pay $1.50 per round for quality ammo and get less than you're used to or pay nothing, save your money, and hope that your AR can shoot dollar bills when the SHTF?

I've paid less than fifty cents per round and I've paid over a dollar. The key is not per unit price because the return on your investment where ammunition is concerned is either your enjoyment or your life.[;)]
  • Options
    legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    Ive yet to shoot this ammo but a recent trip to the range shyed me away from the cheap ammo. I fed my AR15 and my PLR16 some Lake City, Wolf with the lacqure coat, Wolf with out lacqure. The wolf w/o the coating had to be assisted into the chamber.
  • Options
    7RiverMan77RiverMan7 Member Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can roll a turd in sugar but its still a turd.

Too expensive.
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by legear
    Ive yet to shoot this ammo but a recent trip to the range shyed me away from the cheap ammo. I fed my AR15 and my PLR16 some Lake City, Wolf with the lacqure coat, Wolf with out lacqure. The wolf w/o the coating had to be assisted into the chamber.

All 3 of my Rock Rivers and my Mini-14 gobble both types of Wolf right up, have thousands of rounds of that and Silver Bear through the guns. Not one problem. And 55 grain stuff works just fine for self defense, you do not need $1.50 per round ammo.