In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

This ain't coffee!

daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Wife bought some "hazelnut" flavored coffee. I liked to choke on the first sip. Whats with all these flavored coffees? What's wrong with just plain ole standby foldgers? Am I wrong? Am I too old to change and just stubborn?[}:)]

Comments

• bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I can't stand that stuff. Christ ,if I wanted to taste a candy bar I'd eat a candy bar. I like my coffee hot enough to blister your tongue and strong enough to blister enamel. No flavored beans or flavored creams.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like both kinds.
    [:p][^][:)][:D][8D]

standard.jpg
    Limerick.gif
    It's my cat's world. I'm just here to open cans.

We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic.

ATF,Eagle Guns
  • old06old06 Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know what you mean my wife does (or did) it to me if I want something other than coffee I would have asked. I like coffee black and thats it. Flavor [:(] it must be for someone that dont like coffee.

psalms 16
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like my coffee like I like my women. Strong, black, and screamin' for cream![B)][:p][:0]

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    "If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Doggonit h.s. 10-x! Your gonna get me POOFED! [8D][8D][8D]
  • SwwboSwwbo Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I want my folgers when I wake up.. But I do like a cup of Star Bucks white chocolate mocha in the evenings.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    cant stand coffee, expreso or any of that stuff but every once and a while ill have a french vanilla capachino

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    I am a strong black coffee guy but my wife got me hooked on the French Vanilla Creamer. The liquid is 100% better than the powdered.

I am not a number I am a free man

sig

Volin.gif
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,363 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Took me a while to determine why people spend BIG $$$ at Star Bucks for coffee in a "paper cup",, (I like styrofoam?).

Star Bucks is a Singles Bar for Yuppies. So,,,

When your spouse comes home smelling like coffee .....

esposa.gif
    Practice safe eating - always use condiments
  • 3gunner3gunner Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just regular old coffee for me please. You know Maxwell House, Folgers. Just as long as my wife did not make it. Woke up one morning, got dressed, and staggered into the kitchen. She suprised me with a full pot of coffee. Took one sip and it knocked my boots clean off my feet. I opened the coffee maker thingy and it was slam full, I mean full to the rim, with coffee. She's a sweetheart but clueless on how to make coffee.

"Have a gun that works every time. All skill is in vein when an Angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."
    Raleigh.gif
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by H.S. 10-X
    I like my coffee like I like my women. Strong, black, and screamin' for cream![B)][:p][:0]

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    "If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas
    Funny, I like it/them lightly tanned and semi sweet.

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • kuhlewulfkuhlewulf Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The elusive "coffee flavored" coffee is getting hard to find these days. Damned yuppies have screwed up everything.

James

Whats next? A ban on automatic transmissions?
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Just regular old black Folgers does me fine no cream, no sugar. The wife and I both drink it, but if you want to enjoy it, you better hope I made it. Her coffee tastes just like hot, colored water.[V][V]

Have any of you guys ever had Jamaican Blue Mountain?? Very, very good coffee. BUT.........very, very expensive. To the tune of 50.00-60.00 lb. Yes, thats not a typo, fifty-sixty bucks. Have a father-in-law who is somewhat of a coffee connoisseur and bought some.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live on coffee (regular coffee) every day.
    I am too old AND stubborn to change.

Tried some Starbucks at a restaurant one time, had to switch to iced tea.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love coffee--straight. Black and strong is the only way to go. I actually purchased an espresso machine. Don't get me wrong. I'm not into that foo foo crap. About once a year I'll pour about 8 shots of straight espresso into a mug and sip it. BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by H.S. 10-X
    I like my coffee like I like my women.

Tied up in a gunny sack and thrown over the back of a mule?

army_slblu.jpgpv2.gifInsignia_in.jpgairborne%20wings-2.jpgtogcrest.gif
  • leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got a Christmas basket with a Jamaican blend coffee in it that was really good. Not flavored, just had a nice aroma and smooth flavor. I never have found it in any stores.

Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes I like coffee with a ton of sugar, half&half, and also some french vanilla creme, but lately I've been like coffee with just a little creme and a little sugar.

The best coffee that ive had is a tie between 3..

-Starbucks Winter Blend
    -Starbucks House Blend
    -Maxwell House Premium Cup House Blend.

Best Bang for the Buck: Folgers Classic Roast

Never liked anything hazelnut.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by idsman75
    About once a year I'll pour about 8 shots of straight espresso into a mug and sip it. BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Starbucks Grande Coffee Frapucinno with a double shot of espresso..

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... [:p]

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Folgers.Black and hot!

Hill's Brothers ain't bad either.

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigdaddyjunior
    I can't stand that stuff. Christ ,if I wanted to taste a candy bar I'd eat a candy bar. I like my coffee hot enough to blister your tongue and strong enough to blister enamel. No flavored beans or flavored creams.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

Bigdaddy - Perhaps you should try a latte? A mochachino? What about a frappachino? Cappachino? I know, you're an expresso guy . . .
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,869 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Hot and black just plain ol coffee made from whatever kind Walmart or Safeway have on sale. I never been to an espresso stand and don't intend to. $2.00 to $6.00 for a cup of coffee? No way! I can buy a whole can at the store for that.

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Just plain old Maxwell House here, black & no sugar. I can't stand the flavored kinds and Starbucs is a big time rip off in my mind....imagine all that starbucs coffee money going to a gun purchases...much better!!!

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like my coffee strong and not terribly hot - if my cup sits around a few hours, no problem drinking it room temp. But it has to be strong. Use cream and sugar, not too much of the latter. Some of the flavored types are OK - as long as it's strong. When I make the coffee in the house, it's good. When my wife does, she uses half (or less) as much coffee. Doesn't seem to comprehend she can always dilute it while brown water with coffee overtones just doesn't cut it - I need it strong. I avoid Starbucks as a general rule, although I do love several of their concoctions - they are just too PC and I believe they contribute money to the hoplophobes . . . they did charge the rescue workers at Ground Zero full price for bottled water on 9-11, no matter how they tried to do damage control afterwards. I don't patronize Dunkin Donuts any more; sometime in the past four years, they forgot how to make coffee . . . it's worse than my wife's . . . I'm thinking of suing them for false advertising . . . flavor the equivalent of french military prowess . . . coffee has to be strong. When I had an espresso machine, I would make a full pot just for me; it was nearly perfect for my first cup. I like having raspberry, orange, chocolate (or a combination of them) overtones in the coffee - it adds some complexity to the flavor which I greatly enjoy - but it has to be strong. For a treat, try some Hawaiian coffee - not quite as good as the fabled Blue Mountain Jamaican, but pretty close IMHO and far less expensive, provided it is made properly strong.

By the way, I do prefer strong coffee.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I like my coffee strong also. Expresso. It will light your wick.

Wife buys all that flavored coffee. Then she buys additives like creamer with vanilla in it.

Why does she drink coffee if she doesn't like it?

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I love plain ole coffee with just cream and sugar..not too strong...Then french vanilla coffee with vanilla creamer....Fav of all?...English Toffee coffee...ohhhhhh wow that is good...

Those are the only two flavored coffees that I enjoy, but no matter what coffee I drink, I will only buy the beans and grind them....I dislike ground coffee with a passion and only after you grind your own do you know what true coffee taste is....

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion