In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

RE: REGISTRATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Some people dont mind a background check, cause it keeps criminals from getting guns, BULL HOCKEY,

Gun laws are BOGUS, they dont keep criminals from getting and using guns, They only hinder the Law abiding persons ability to defend himself, from the criminal who will get a gun regardless of the law.

Again it is the "LOCK" theory, A lock keeps people honest..

animatflip.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
Hudson.gif
900.gif

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No aurgument here.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many criminal have been arrested for trying to buy a gun?

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    My FFL Holder and Friend has had to turn down two guys in the last three years. Not because they did anything wrong, but because they answered a question wrong on the Check sheet.[8D] and the state of Florida has no recorded arrests for a criminal trying to buy a gun, that I can find. I do know that they have arrested a bunch down here and found weapons in the possession of a convicted Felon, Just goes to show they can get em if they want em

animatflip.gif

Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Larry,

While I agree that most criminals would not go to a dealer to get a gun, a lot of idiots who are on a restraining order do, and I don't mind an instant backgroud check to help prevent it. We get about 6 a month at the Pawn Shop. I don't want guns in their hands. It also helps honest business men stay out of civil suits by being able to prove that a customers threat was unknown at the time of the sale. All the anti's are doing is to try to put us out of business. Before long, I will have to do backgroud checks before I can do smith work for anyone. When that happens, the part time work is over![;)]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • babybearbabybear Member Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Absolutely Classic, guns laws were never about the criminals, they are about control of the masses. Looking down through history, personal defense confiscation has always preceded tyranny..BB
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A back ground check does not need to have the gun listed on it.
    They are not doing a check on the gun, just the buyer.
    So why is the gun listed on the 7743? [:(!] [:(!] [8D]

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    My point exactly , A check for buying Guns, how about a check at the door of a liquer store, to make sure I aint a convicted felon that might rob the joint?[:D]

And I agree there are a few dumb butts out there that would try to buy a gun legally even though they are convicted fellons, but have never heard of one being arrested for trying to buy one.

The law should be enforced, 'If your a Felon in possession of a gun" Throw the book at em. thats the only law they need. and then enforce it.

And for the few that are stopped, I bet they got em anyway..[:o)]

animatflip.gif

Hudson.gif
    900.gif